Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Fresh Shrimp

F3DAWGF3DAWG Posts: 66
We put up a 100 lbs of shrimp today. I broke out the fish cooker for some coconut friedshrimp. My wife made a sweet chile sauce for dipping. Hard to beat shrimp that were swimming this morning and then in hot oil this afternoon.

Summerville, SC

Comments

• Wow, you got that right. Looks great. Having never done so, how long does it take you to clean all those?
    Stillwater, MN
  • F3DAWGF3DAWG Posts: 66
    I took about 2 hours to put them up.
    Summerville, SC
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 15,409
    edited October 2016
    2 hrs to clean (shell & devein) 100#?  That's impressive!  And you've got that right you can't beat freshly caught shrimp. Looks  & sounds delicious. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RedSkipRedSkip Posts: 938
    Those look awesome, nice cook!  Always great to go from water to belly in the same day.  
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • GrillmagicGrillmagic Posts: 1,536
    Very nice, the finished pic looks Awesome!!!
    Dimondale, Michigan XL BGE
  • F3DAWGF3DAWG Posts: 66
    2 hrs to clean (shell & devein) 100#?  That's impressive!  And you've got that right you can't beat freshly caught shrimp. Looks  & sounds delicious. 
    Auto correct made it "I" when should have been "It". There were three of us heading the shrimp, and we don't shell or devein before freezing. We pack our shrimp in water for freezing because we find they keep better.
    Summerville, SC
  • MotownVolMotownVol Posts: 238
    Sweet.  Very nice.
    Morristown TN, LBGE
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 5,312
    One of the absolute treasures of living along the South Carolina coast. You guys enjoy those....as I see you already are,
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Med & MiniMax & now a 17" Blackstone

Nothing left to do but smile, smile smile.

• Nice nice nice!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap
  • Mouth watering, great call!
    LBGE
    SC AL
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 6,707
    Being landlocked in Kentucky makes us envious of those wit fresh seafood at their finger tips. Beautiful cook.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 4,358
    Looks terrific!!  I need some fresh shrimp in my life right about now.  :)
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 5,312
    I wanted to circle back and give my SC breatheren a....
    In spite of the fact you pull for Georgia. ;)
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Med & MiniMax & now a 17" Blackstone

Nothing left to do but smile, smile smile.

• SGHSGH Posts: 22,589
    F3DAWG said:
    we don't shell or devein before freezing. We pack our shrimp in water for freezing because we find they keep better.
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^ is the correct way of storing them.  
    For the fried shrimp:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit