Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Ireland OT

Options
Ballycumber in Offaly? Very close to Tullamore.
Anyone have any information on this area?
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Anyone?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
     Offaly? 
    I thought you were speaking Pig Latin.....sorry...no help here....but good to see you just the same.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    i only know about the guinness. oh and if you take a ride north and take a boat to  Loch Laphroaig, i have a hundred year lease for 1 square foot of land, your welcome to stay there if you wish =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YukonRon
    Options
    i only know about the guinness. oh and if you take a ride north and take a boat to  Loch Laphroaig, i have a hundred year lease for 1 square foot of land, your welcome to stay there if you wish =)

Thank you @fishlessman
    My BIL, has massive Laphroaig real estate, LOL. Helped him stake his claims on many occasions.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

YukonRon said:
     Offaly? 
    I thought you were speaking Pig Latin.....sorry...no help here....but good to see you just the same.
    @northGAcock Doing the holidays there this year. Rented a castle, for the family event. Two pubs sit outside the gates of this home. Trout stream in back. I did not know if anyone may have hit this VRBO, or not, or even may have stayed in the area. We have folks coming in from all over the USA, from Ghana, and Germany. 20 or so at last count.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:

YukonRon said:
     Offaly? 
    @northGAcock Doing the holidays there this year. Rented a castle, for the family event. Two pubs sit outside the gates of this home. Trout stream in back. I did not know if anyone may have hit this VRBO, or not, or even may have stayed in the area. We have folks coming in from all over the USA, from Ghana, and Germany. 20 or so at last count.
    Sounds like and awesome trip and gathering. All my best to Suzy.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Other than the new Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey distillery...still the best of the Irish Whiskey, IMO. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Other than the new Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey distillery...still the best of the Irish Whiskey, IMO. 
    Yeah, one of the reasons, I chose the location, was the proximity of such points of interest.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

YukonRon said:

YukonRon said:
     Offaly? 
    Sounds like and awesome trip and gathering. All my best to Suzy.
    Thank you Robin. I shall do so. Suzy is looking forward to seeing everyone again.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    You're livin large my friend!
  • YukonRon
    Options
    A bunch of folks are going, really brings our cost down, 8 families splitting the cost. For us I had buckets of FF Miles to use for this trip, enough to get our tribe there and back, for free. Our major cost will be groceries and transportation, while there, and um adult type beverages. Everything else is covered. Hopefully this place will be pretty cool.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Ping IrishRog. He lives in Limerick, Ireland and can give great advice. In fact, I will email him and ask him to check this post. I am so jealous!
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Ping IrishRog. He lives in Limerick, Ireland and can give great advice. In fact, I will email him and ask him to check this post. I am so jealous!
    @Spring Hen 
    Thank you so very much. I will do so. I have been to Ireland while in the service, but never for pleasure, and I did not get to do or see much.
    I really appreciate this, and thank you!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky