Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New look .com web site and Egger Rankings

Smoked Signals
Smoked Signals Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
http://www.biggreenegg.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=103&func=showcat&catid=1 [p]Anyone seen the new board look on the .com site? check it out. [p]Also look for your "ranking" on your posted replies. I came in at Expert Egger .. Mad Max is a Platinum and Molly is a Gold Egger. It even shows the number of posts you have. It will be on the reply in the upper right corner of the reply. [p]Maybe I am behind the times ... but thought I would pass it on. [p]For some reason the original version of this did not appear on the "old" look site so I am reposting it here.[p]Doug
[ul][li]New Look .com web site?[/ul]

Comments

• Smoked Signals,
    WMK ... can we view the Egger Ratings anywhere? i.e. who's at what level and how many posts it takes to get to each level? What is the top level? Master Yoda Egger?[p]BTW ... when I posted on the "new look" .com site ... it did not show up at the standard club egg.[p]Thanks,
    Doug

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Smoked Signals,[p]Hmm...is this a good thing????[p]mShark
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Smoked Signals,[p]
    The "wormhole" to the "alternate universe" is one way. Only posts from here show up over there -- posts from there do not get here. We are working on the font size and a few other issues before we can switch our forum over to the new format.
    We have made every effort to make the new forum as much like the old one as is possible. They are not exactly the same, but hopefully close enough for a starting point.[p]
    The new forum has a number of new features, like image upload, rss feeds, "karma" ratings, simley thingys, "bbcode" editor, etc. We've tried to make these new widgets as unobtrusive as possible in the "classic" views w/out removing them altogether.[p]
    We need to improve the image upload capabilities as well: what size images do ya'll need to upload?[p]
    WMK

• ajay
    ajay Posts: 47
    Smoked Signals, do I need a new user name and password to register? I tried the one I use here and it says invalid.
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    WMK,[p]For those of us in the dialup world still (yeah, I know, dark ages), it would be nice to LIMIT the size of the images that are uploaded to something like 480 x 640 or something like that, where a click on the smaller image gives you the big one, if folks want "bigger is better".[p]The new website is wonderful, but is much slower than the current (again from a dialup perspective), so anything that we can do to minimize the impact on the last few of us who are not in the fast lane would be GREATLY appreciated! [p]Tonia
    :~)

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    It may be an entertaining stat, but the "Egger Rating" is not a very accurate measure of anyone's knowledge, just how vocal they are. Gold? Platinum? Expert? Do we get a special pin at each level? I may have to post more. LOL.[p]Jim
  • Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    JSlot,[p]And further, some may say that the more some folks say, the less they know...
  • eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    JSlot,
    couldn't agree more. i checked my rating and can't believe my eggspertise. with the my score i should at least be able to post a recipe... [p]haven't forgot about your idea, just short on time and energy.[p]Scott

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    I was wondering if you had forgotten about me, Scott. LOL. I certainly empathize with the ol' time thang. Just let me know whenever you get 'round to it. Thanks![p]Jim
  • WMK
    ajay,[p]
    Before your first login, you'll need to "activate" your profile on the new site. You may do that here[p][p]This is a one-time process.[p]
    WMK

• WMK
    QBabe,
    There is already a size limit on uploaded images in the forum. I think it is set to 640 x 480. Are you seeing slow load times only on large pictures?
    WMK

• Smoked Signals,
    I tried the new site a few times and deceided it was more trouble than it was worth.
    My .02
    sorry

• WMK
    Charles in SC,
    Please define "trouble".
    WMK

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    WMK,[p]No, unfortunately, I see the slow load just pulling up a post and going back and forth between the threads...[p]I'm sure it's because of the ancient dialup, but was very aware of all the hard work you've put into this thing, so wasn't going to worry about it, since I know I'm probably in a minority. [p]But, since you ask, if there IS anything that can be done to speed things up for us folks still in the dark ages, that would be fantastic![p]Thanks,
    Tonia
    :~)

• ajay
    ajay Posts: 47
    WMK, I tried activating my profile but I still get the "invalid" remark. Oh well.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    JSlot,
    i was hoping a hat, a shirt, then maybe a gold plated mini for each level

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it