Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Monthly Brisket and pulled pork queso dip. Pic Heavy

Options
Another brisket from me.  Not my best, rather disappointed actually.  Paired with some smoked pulled pork queso dip.

Picked up my usual prime from costco

24 hours total, and I messed it up pretty bad.  I slept through my alarms for spritzing, I wrapped way late, ran out of time and had to bump the temperature up. Went to the store and it overcooked 

Kansas City, Missouri
Large Egg
Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    At least it didn't turn into pot roast? Still held together, so there's that.
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    At least it didn't turn into pot roast? Still held together, so there's that.
    No pot roast.  It held together, but barely.  Even if I had cooked it properly, I believe I had a bad piece of meat from the get go. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• bhedges1987
    Options
    The point is going to make some good burnt ends though.  The point turned out pretty decent.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    As long as it tastes good, that's all that matters outside of competition.
    My prime brisket never takes that long.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @bhedges1987: Brisket looks pretty great from my perspective! Monthly brisket sounds like a dream. I make but one or two a year. Do you have a recipe for the pulled pork queso dip, or is it as simple as nacho cheese poured over the pork?
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    Costco will take anything back .   Show them the pics,  tell them you're a brisket expert and they'll give you a refund! Looks delicious to me! 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Hmmmm, thinking NO FINGERS! and NO HANDS!
    New Albany, Ohio 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    As above, the key is the consumption/taste.  Did you run nekked for the entire cook? Curious as you have a great bark right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    @bhedges1987: Brisket looks pretty great from my perspective! Monthly brisket sounds like a dream. I make but one or two a year. Do you have a recipe for the pulled pork queso dip, or is it as simple as nacho cheese poured over the pork?
    1lb pulled pork
    8oz cream cheese
    3 cups shredded cheddar
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1/2 cup sour cream

put in bowl and mix

Bake at 350 for 20-25 min

@GrateEggspectations

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• bhedges1987
    Options

lousubcap said:
    As above, the key is the consumption/taste.  Did you run nekked for the entire cook? Curious as you have a great bark right there.  
    Nope, I wrapped at the 10 hour mark with paper.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    Looks good from here- Never spritzed brisket in the Egg...Stick burner maybe...Never had a prime of that size go more than 12- 14ish hours @ 225 and If I wrap @ 160 , sooner...Great looking Brisket
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    1lb pulled pork
    8oz cream cheese
    3 cups shredded cheddar
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1/2 cup sour cream

put in bowl and mix

Bake at 350 for 20-25 min

@GrateEggspectations
    Thanks brother!
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Looks good from here- Never spritzed brisket in the Egg...Stick burner maybe...Never had a prime of that size go more than 12- 14ish hours @ 225 and If I wrap @ 160 , sooner...Great looking Brisket
    Spritzed is for girls, not Eggs.
    New Albany, Ohio