Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Meater?

Options

Comments

• Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    DO NOT ORDER... I've been waiting 1 year.... IF, and I do mean IF I ever receive, I will certainly put it through the motions and provide some feedback on forum. It's a great idea but we shall see. Batteries and heat done do very well together. 

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
    The stole, "raised" 2.5 million dollars? That link is to a fund me campaign
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    We've all been waiting on them. I think they are up to 39 updates...
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    Glad I didn't order, I remember the ad when it first came out, seemed like more than a year ago, looked cool but obviously the technology wasn't ready
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You sure y'all paid to get on the ground level of a Kickstarter campaign? Or did that money actually go to Hillary's campaign :fearful: Well, either way, you'll never see it again :lol:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Manvsmolar Calm your tits! Troll? :lol:
    Folks "invest" into a gadget and the release date is bumped further and further out. Nobody even knows if it will work without battery explosion. Hopefully Samsung didn't help with the R&D :fearful:  Searing a Ribeye with explosive results could make for an interesting Friday night thread I guess. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Wait.. Don't spend $?. What forum am I logged into!

Ps, That sucks!

:angry:
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options

I read a story about how china is trolling kickstarter etc and releasing items prior to the crowd funding timeline is done.

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I ordered the MEATER Block and form the last email they are supposed to be sent out in December, that is if the current testing on them are ok.  The MEATER singles are supposed to go out in November.  Fingers crossed on mine getting here by Christmas.

We will see if anyone on here gets one in the next month or so and does a review on it.

@NPHuskerFL as for Samsung, I am one of those that bought the Note 7 and have to give it up.  I never had a problem with either one and I not happy about having to give it up.  I got the S7 Edge for a replacement.  It is ok, but the Note 7 was way better.  Bummer on that one.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Ladeback69 I'm all for innovative techy stuff. And my hope is this item works as projected. It would open the doors to other company's for competition of that market. I'll admit the idea behind it is genius and am not opposed to purchasing it. But, the battery life expectancy and temperature stability are questionable IMHO. Agree hopefully we'll see a non biased review after it has been used for a considerable amount of time.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Manvsmolar
    Options
    Bringing politics into the discussion of possible vapor ware smelled trollish to me. Sorry if I twisted your tits. But I've heard enough this election season to last a lifetime. 
    ATL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Manvsmolar I can agree with that my friend. :peace:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    The Meator is "Rigged".  LMAO

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I just received an email saying the MEATER is being shipped now to the early backers.  They are still working on bugs in the software for the blocks.  If you ordered a single one let us all know what you think.  I ordered a block so it will be a while longer to mine.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.