Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forgive me

Options
Last night I rotisserie on our new gas grill, I know, heresy.  Now I know I can't go back to gas grill for main cooking.  It was very good but missed the greatness of the egg and cooking over wood and charcoal.  A bit easier in the frozen tundra of Chicago winters and it has a charcoal chip attachment for flavor but not the same.  You all have converted me.  
BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.  

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Say a dozen Hail Marys and it'll be alright.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    New gas grill? Shame shame shame.....just busting on ya!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions. 
    "We but mortals be, no stones cast, from this gallery."
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    A poet and I didn't know it. Going after the next Nobel Literetiture I see. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Say a dozen Hail Marys and it'll be alright.
    This will require at least 2 dozen.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    A poet and I didn't know it. Going after the next Nobel Literetiture I see. 
    Apologies. Just read Henry V for the brazilianth time, releases my inner Shakespeare........we band of brothers.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    We have short memories here.... Egg on!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    A knock-off on @YukonRon 's pearl of wisdom above:
    "Judgement comes from experience, experience comes from poor judgement."
    All that said, use what you want to get the results you are looking for.  Different tools for different cook styles.  Bottom-line; have fun.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    A knock-off on @YukonRon 's pearl of wisdom above:
    "Judgement comes from experience, experience comes from poor judgement."
    All that said, use what you want to get the results you are looking for.  Different tools for different cook styles.  Bottom-line; have fun.
    Zactly!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    It'll be OK.

Personally, I don't want everything I cook to always have a heavy smoke, light smoke, or any smoke flavor. Other grilling options allow me seek the flavors I want.

Heck, I even like to do the occasional Kahlua pork butt in my crock pot. How many Hail Mary's will I need to wash away that transgression? :)

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @HeavyG -  Kahlua pig is a great cook.  Need to fire that up in the near-term.  No hail mary's here.  But if you pull off 3 confirmed miracles you can become a saint  ;)
    Apologize for the sideways turn.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    I hear ya @eggnewtoy, that grill box that I mentioned we just got for our Expedition propane went home with the daughter and son-in-law last week to use on theirs. Let's face it, you just can't go back after using the egg.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    ;)=)  

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Is there A Meeting near you?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @eggnewtoy Hey, it's all good. A certain member here made a concoction in a pressure cooker while in a belligerent state of intoxication. Nobody asked this individual for any penance... 
    Hey @SGH how ya' feeling pardner?
    Keep cooking and posting...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I'm doing a lot bettter today. The bottle about got the best of me Saturday and Sunday though. For no particular reason I just went on a drinking binge. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    SGH said:
    SciAggie said:
    I'm doing a lot bettter today. The bottle about got the best of me Saturday and Sunday though. For no particular reason I just went on a drinking binge. 
    Glad you're doing well my friend. "For no particular reason" is the best reason to twist off. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    SGH said:
    SciAggie said:
    Glad you're doing well my friend. "For no particular reason" is the best reason to twist off. 

That is the ONLY reason to "twist off".  I like that...never heard it before!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • eggnewtoy
    eggnewtoy Posts: 496
    Options
    I am using it again tonight with the charcoal tray for a fast cook.  Just trying the bells and whistles.  Will post the contraption.  Thx for the Hail Marys and cleansing.  I feel better already.  ;)

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    You know what we say here, "pics or it didn't happen".  I didn't see any pics.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • eggnewtoy
    eggnewtoy Posts: 496
    Options
    Last night, I did reverse sear strip steaks and finished them on the searing area of the napolean.  Worked really well.  

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    eggnewtoy said:
    Last night I rotisserie on our new gas grill, I know, heresy.  Now I know I can't go back to gas grill for main cooking.  It was very good but missed the greatness of the egg and cooking over wood and charcoal.  A bit easier in the frozen tundra of Chicago winters and it has a charcoal chip attachment for flavor but not the same.  You all have converted me.  
    Pick up an A-mazen-N tube smoker and some pellets. Its what I do for simple smokes. Lots of different wood flavors and you can get sample pack size bags.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group