Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Filets on the mini

Options
minniemoh
minniemoh Posts: 2,145
Reverse seared filets with a few hickory chips for a little smoke. Seasoned with Oak Ridge Carne Crosta. Made some for a buddy a couple of nights ago to introduce him to the egg. He was a fan. 

L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
eggAddict from MN!

Comments

• tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    edited October 2016
    Options

That did it.  making a filet for the Mrs. tonight, porterhouse for me, and burgers for the boys.  Now I have to think about all that goodness while sitting in traffic to get home!

Very very good looking filet right there!

Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • minniemoh
    Options
    Thanks @tikigriller. I really liked the crust with this seasoning. Good luck on your dinner.
    eggAddict from MN!
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    The rain sent me to burgers for all. Filets will be tomorrow so I can focus on that and the Brussels sprouts I got today.   I just hope I can get close to this!!!!  One of the pics I can totally taste. 
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options
    Nice looking meal! What's on the sweet potato? Cottage cheese?
    Dyersburg, TN
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Looks good. I really like that seasoning. Oakridge had a good product line. I'm going to have to replenish soon. 
  • minniemoh
    Options
    leemschu said:
    Nice looking meal! What's on the sweet potato? Cottage cheese?
    Thanks @leemschu. Yes, it is cottage cheese with salt and pepper. Some people think I'm weird but I like it better than sour cream. (Truth be told, that's the only way I'll eat a sweet potato other than fries.) I make my kids eat them so I have to find a way to choke them down.  =)
    eggAddict from MN!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    No way to cook them any better.than what you did. I did 4 last night on the MM, last night. They were perfect.
    Thank you for sharing rhe event, the results, and rurning another person on to the BGE.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • minniemoh
    Options
    Thank you @YukonRon. Glad yours were fantastic too. Every time I have a filet, I enjoy it but yearn for a ribeye. These filets made me yearn less than before. The flavor was very pleasing for sure.

eggAddict from MN!