Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

After Eggtoberfest thoughts ...

Options
1.  What's the best week of the year?  The week after Eggtoberfest!  Why?  Because we're both so motivated to cook all these new recipes we tasted! 

2.  Anyone have the inside track on next year's official date? 

3.  Next year's Eggfest will be the 20th -- do you think it'll be extra special? 

Comments

• DaveRichardson
    Options

I hope it will be over the top. 

There were a lot of problems with the wind destroying the cook's tents....  Hopefully they can figure out a way to have the larger style tents for the serving areas and the eggs lined up behind them.  The bigger tents are much more secure than the little pop-ups.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• YouEnjoyMyEgg
    YouEnjoyMyEgg Posts: 168
    edited October 2016
    Options

I hope it will be over the top. 

There were a lot of problems with the wind destroying the cook's tents....  Hopefully they can figure out a way to have the larger style tents for the serving areas and the eggs lined up behind them.  The bigger tents are much more secure than the little pop-ups.

I was standing under the BigGreenCraig tents when they went up in the air.  A bit scary.  But sand bags would fix that problem.  The tents weren't tied down at all.  Anywhere.  Just tied to each other when there were multiples. 

Regardless it was a fantastic day.  The weather could not have been any better.  It was my first fest.  No one told me the beer was free!  Free beer?  :o   Free with ticket price - but still that was a nice surprise!  I drank lots of it.  ;)   And the swag bag was overly generous.  Really nice stuff.  And the food! OMG.  So good.  And so plentiful.  At one point I literally felt nauseous from eating so much. I had to sit and rest. And then went back at it.  =)

• ironcityrockers
    Options
    Wonder why chef D wasn't cooking this year? Total bummer always enjoy watching him work all those wings.
  • flyflinger
    Options
    The wind was due to Hurricane Matthew passing off the coast. Middle October in Georgia is usually very dry, very clear and with almost no wind.  

We found that four one-gallon water jugs kept our canopy from flying away, although it tried more than once! We planned to just dump the water to keep from hauling it away but as it turned out we gave away all of our water jugs. Each water jug = 8 lbs.

I'm thinking the next EGGtoberfest will be Oct 14, 2017.