Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Helping A Friend Cater A Wedding

Options
A friend is doing a wedding for 150 people today, he is only doing the pig and corn. Pig is 113#, cavity is stuffed with bell peppers and onions, and 3 butts to make up for the small pig. Cooker is an old oil tank that he converted. 

I will post some more pics later, but this trailer is where I shamelessly stole the idea for the davit to swing a full pig from the shelf in front of my SF (take delivery in March) to the SS table that will sit in front of the cooker for resting, pulling, etc.

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Nice!

Options
    Work of art right there.  Great result.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Classic!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Simply outstanding. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    As soon as we started pulling it, a crowd gathered asking for samples like buzzards around a gut wagon. We could barely keep the buffet line stocked. 

Best compliments my friend and I received was from some guests for NC and SC who stated that it was among the best pig roasts they'd ever attended. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Looking awesome man

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Now that's a pig!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"