Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reverse seared SV Pork Chops and sides.

Options
bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
edited September 2016 in Pork
Took 2 thick, boneless chops and bathed them at 144 for 75 minutes. In with the chops was melted butter with smashed garlic, fresh thyme, a little canola and S & P. Seared on the Egg and finished with some of the marinade. It was most tasty. Red potatoes and squash on the side. Thanks for looking. 

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Aw  man, now you are showing off. Delicious looking meal Brother. White Burgundy would be killer with that.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tikigriller
    Options

one day I will be able to be like you, and even have a good presentation as well!

Very Nice and something I am going to cook soon!

Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • outrageous
    Options
    Nice touch with that green thing on top, tell your wife, she did great!!!!!

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Damn! Digging the SV out of the cabinet now....
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Brent....that is lookin good from San Antonio. I have to agree with Ron.....you are just showing off now.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Dude....you done it again.... Made me hungry!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Aw  man, now you are showing off. Delicious looking meal Brother. White Burgundy would be killer with that.
    Ron, I'm inherently not a show off, but I must agree a fine white Burgundy would pair perfectly.  Thank you brother!
  • bgebrent
    Options

one day I will be able to be like you, and even have a good presentation as well!

Very Nice and something I am going to cook soon!

Brother, your cooks have looked spot on!  You are just like me, you love good food, you love cooking on the Egg and sharing the passion.  I look forward to your next cook!
  • bgebrent
    Options

Nice touch with that green thing on top, tell your wife, she did great!!!!!
    You're a lurking sum bich! =). Appreciate you old man and enjoying the rub!  That green thing on top blew in when I was taking the chop off the grill, tasted purdy good.  Hope you're well brother!
  • bgebrent
    Options

Brent....that is lookin good from San Antonio. I have to agree with Ron.....you are just showing off now.
    Why all the hate?  Safe travels and fine bbq for you brother!  Making Franklins?
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Awe man, that looks fabulous.  Nicely done.  Stomach growling - time to go cook something.
    Phoenix 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Ummm, Damnit Brent that looks superb!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    I cook a pizza, you cook a pizza. I cook chops, you cook chops. Copycat! I guess I need to send you my weekly meal planner! Just kidding, good looking cook. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    I cook a pizza, you cook a pizza. I cook chops, you cook chops. Copycat! I guess I need to send you my weekly meal planner! Just kidding, good looking cook. 
    You don't even know how to cook Neopolitan pizza rookie!  Hell, you don't even understand dry aging.  Sheesh.  I miss Darby, don't you?
  • bgebrent
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @Darby_Crenshaw, a little help. 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Certainly would like that over the Bojangles chicken I had tonight. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Why all the hate?  Safe travels and fine bbq for you brother!  Making Franklins?
    Hate? You are my culinary hero. No Franklins....stayed close to hotel and worked on some Papassitos tonight.....and of course a very large margarita. Looking forward to getting off the road for a while, and cuddling with Ms P. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Certainly would like that over the Bojangles chicken I had tonight. 
    Thanks Matt.  Hope you can cook at home again soon!
  • bgebrent
    Options

bgebrent said:

Hate? You are my culinary hero. No Franklins....stayed close to hotel and worked on some Papassitos tonight.....and of course a very large margarita. Looking forward to getting off the road for a while, and cuddling with Ms P. 
    Understandable brother.  I know Pattie and Maddie both miss you.  Again, safe travel. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That looks delicious my friend. At some point I'm going to have to invest in a SV set up. So after 75 minutes the chops are at 144? I've read the SV changes the texture - not bad sometimes. Does it make the pork chop more tender or is it an easy way to reach the desired IT? Again, it looks delicious. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Mmmmm tasty chops there!

@SciAggie for stuff like chops and chicken - Sv is great. You can throw them in ahead of time and have a really wide window of time when you can eat. Like, throw chicken into the SV at 4:00 and eat at 6, or 6, or 5:30. Just pull it out and sear and ready. And the texture of SV chicken breast at 155 is fantastic. 

I happened to get an email this morning - they went in sale for about $150 - the Anova units, on amazon
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    That looks delicious my friend. At some point I'm going to have to invest in a SV set up. So after 75 minutes the chops are at 144? I've read the SV changes the texture - not bad sometimes. Does it make the pork chop more tender or is it an easy way to reach the desired IT? Again, it looks delicious. 
    Brother Aggie, chops were IT 144 probably after 45 minutes.  As brother blind points out, there is flexibility.  The texture is really no different in chops.  The retained moisture is the key in chops and chicken.  It's more about perfect IT and moisture.  And control.  You should add it to your excellent arsenal.
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    mmmmmmmm, again, great cook.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    edited September 2016
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    You don't even know how to cook Neopolitan pizza rookie!  Hell, you don't even understand dry aging.  Sheesh.  I miss Darby, don't you?
    I know the first order of making pizzas is that they should be round! You need to step up your game.  ;)
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I know the first order of making pizzas is that they should be round! You need to step up your game.  ;)
    B-rent is a little cockeyed,  so give him a break. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    SciAggie said:
    Brother Aggie, chops were IT 144 probably after 45 minutes.  As brother blind points out, there is flexibility.  The texture is really no different in chops.  The retained moisture is the key in chops and chicken.  It's more about perfect IT and moisture.  And control.  You should add it to your excellent arsenal.
    Thanks my friend. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @bgebrent
    Mighty fine looking grub ole buddy. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Nice work Brent
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bgebrent
    Options
    SGH said:
    @bgebrent
    Mighty fine looking grub ole buddy. 
    Thanks Scotty, had high hopes for your butchering thread. Oh well. 

Nice work Brent
    Appreciate you Blake!  Thanks.