Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Carolina people who was it?

Lit
Lit Posts: 9,053
Joined a call today and heard a guy talking about BBQ and he made a joke about Texas people only cooking beef which to me means he's probably somewhere in the Carolinas.He went on to say he has 3 eggs and it sounded like he was proud of them so figured he probably visits the forum. He works for ATT. Anyone know?

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Lit said:
    Anyone know?
    No sir, I do not. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Why Carolina?  There's good beef here, but we're all about the hog.  Deer are a close second.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker said:
    Why Carolina?  There's good beef here, but we're all about the hog.  Deer are a close second.
    Possibly the accent?  

Wasn't me.  People say I have three, but really only two Eggs and a redhead stepchild.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    tarheelmatt said:
     and a redhead stepchild.  
    This is good brother Tar. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lit
    No just the only people I have heard knock Texas for brisket are the pro pork carolinians. 
  • Maybe it was @JohnInCarolina .  I hear he's "the Carolina Man".  

lol laughing laugh applause haha
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Maybe it was @JohnInCarolina .  I hear he's "the Carolina Man".  

lol laughing laugh applause haha
    IMO his new name. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Lit said:
    No just the only people I have heard knock Texas for brisket are the pro pork carolinians. 
    Probably true, I joke all the time with my Texan co-workers about their Q.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Lit said:
    @Focker has an opinion on brisket, and he's not from Carolina.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Focker
    edited September 2016
    DMW said:
    Lit said:
    On point bud.  I'm sure I have a goofy accent too.  Some may not like where I stand, and that is A ok, but I speak the truth.  

You can have the rest of the steer, as long as you give me a grilled ribeye with asparagus or sweet corn. 

Give me IA/IL pork and IA/IL venison, and watch the magic unfold. Lol

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Lit
    Focker said:
    DMW said:
    Lit said:
    On point bud.  I'm sure I have a goofy accent too.  Some may not like where I stand, and that is A ok, but I speak the truth.  

You can have the rest of the steer, as long as you give me a grilled ribeye with asparagus or sweet corn. 

I'm not the biggest brisket fan either but there's many parts of the cow that I will take all day over any part of a pig except bacon. Hanging tender, tri tip, even brisket ground into burgers. I had just noticed a trend from this forum that Carolina people were so proud of their pork that they don't consider beef BBQ.
  • I love both....Why hate on BBQ? 
  • Brisket done right is a religious experience. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Brisket done right is a religious experience. 
    This is true.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Not me... My accent is a dead give away.. =)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Not me... My accent is a dead give away.. =)
    True, he sounds like he is from Kentucky.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Focker
    Brisket done right is a religious experience. 
    Lmao, as is trimming one.  A true indicator of what you're dealing with. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited September 2016
    Lit said:
    Focker said:
    DMW said:
    Lit said:

I'm not the biggest brisket fan either but there's many parts of the cow that I will take all day over any part of a pig except bacon. Hanging tender, tri tip, even brisket ground into burgers. I had just noticed a trend from this forum that Carolina people were so proud of their pork that they don't consider beef BBQ.
    Are you drunk again? J/k

I could get over burgers.
    Tri tip is about as overrated as brisket.
    Then there's tenderloin.  

I take that back, I would take a chuck or two along with the ribeye.  You can have the rest.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Not me... My accent is a dead give away.. =)
    People tell me I don't SOUND like I'm from San Antonio... 

I tell them them I have an authentic accent.

If you leave town one way, you sound like you're on the tv show Dallas.
    The other way, you sound like you're on Cheech and Chong. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Not me... My accent is a dead give away.. =)
    People tell me I don't SOUND like I'm from San Antonio... 

I tell them them I have an authentic accent.

If you leave town one way, you sound like you're on the tv show Dallas.
    The other way, you sound like you're on Cheech and Chong. 

LOL.  Very true @MaskedMarvel.  You probably sound just like both of my children who were raised here.  I'm from Orlando and it is essentially the same story.  No real accent that anybody can place because it is a melting pot.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Lit
    Focker said:
    Lit said:
    Focker said:
    DMW said:
    Lit said:

Are you drunk again? J/k

Then there's tenderloin.  

I take that back, I would take a chuck or two along with the ribeye.  You can have the rest.  =)
    Drunk is a strong word. I was drinking. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    edited September 2016
    =) Lit said:
    Focker said:
    Lit said:
    Focker said:
    DMW said:
    Lit said:

Are you drunk again? J/k

Then there's tenderloin.  

Drunk is a strong word. I was drinking. 
    And he is not finished =)
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    @Foghorn no Florida mush mouth? Such beautiful sounds coming from America's Wang.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    When down in Louisiana I had some drunk dude on bourbon street come up to me and was convinced I was from the movie Fargo with my accent
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    It was not me....and I only have two eggs....though I subscribe to the thought process that there is no bad BBQ.....just some are better than others =) Let's hear it for mustard base.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    @Foghorn no Florida mush mouth? Such beautiful sounds coming from America's Wang.

@Eggcelsior, my mom was a Florida Cracker and sounded southern.  My dad was from West Virginia and western NC but didn't really have much of an accent.  When people try to place my accent about 1/2 guess Indiana and most of the rest just say "I can't place it". 

I've never heard the term Florida mush mouth.  What does that refer to? 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn said:

@Eggcelsior, my mom was a Florida Cracker and sounded southern.  My dad was from West Virginia and western NC but didn't really have much of an accent.  When people try to place my accent about 1/2 guess Indiana and most of the rest just say "I can't place it". 

Mush mouth - everything squashed together I think

my dad thinks the capital of the United States is WaRshington DC. Very odd. 
    People think I'm halfway Midwest, halfway Jersey New York.

Oh, and happy 4000, Foghorn!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I'm familiar with mush mouth, but not as it relates to FL.  I work with folks from eastern Carolinas and there is one accent I hear coming out of some of them that makes them sound drunk to my ear.  I'm told that's a low country accent by folks that should know, but I've heard it described it as mush mouth.
  • Focker
    Foghorn said:

Mush mouth - everything squashed together I think

my dad thinks the capital of the United States is WaRshington DC. Very odd. 
    People think I'm halfway Midwest, halfway Jersey New York.

Oh, and happy 4000, Foghorn!
    My dad uses the r before s.  Warsh.  Cracks me up.  Grandpa, grandma aunts, uncles, did all of this too.  "Let's go to Kmarts."  "Or how bout Targets?" Do-shee instead of docia was the biggest Hillsdale IL slang term.  Good stuff.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Legume said:
    I'm familiar with mush mouth, but not as it relates to FL.  I work with folks from eastern Carolinas and there is one accent I hear coming out of some of them that makes them sound drunk to my ear.  I'm told that's a low country accent by folks that should know, but I've heard it described it as mush mouth.
    I see - I was just guessing. I had a friend who was creole I always swore was drunk... Something like that?
    Large BGE and Medium BGE