Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is this guy one of us?

Options

Comments

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Gotta be!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looks like it!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Clearly running submerged and undetected ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • outrageous
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Looks like it!

He should have interviewed Brent..........

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• johnkitchens
    Options
    He may have been a member at the other Egghead forum. I think this is the best one though. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Love it. Sure smells like smoke to me. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    He may have been a member at the other Egghead forum. I think this is the best one though. 
    Might be right. If he were a member here he would have written "I joined a group of eggheads. They are knuckledragging mouth breathers who argue incessantly about lump and how to light it. They wrap everything in bacon."
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    He may be a Brisket God in disguise  :o

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnkitchens
    Options
    He should come forward! 

• SGH
    Options
    He should come forward! 
    Agree. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    He should come forward! 
    This could end being like the tv game show "To Tell The Truth."
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    He should come forward! 
    This could end being like the tv game show "To Tell The Truth."
    I don't remember that one. 

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    3 people were asked questions to figure which one of them really had the job they all claimed to have.
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I will reach out and shake the bushes and find out who he is. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Jstroke
    Options
    @johnkitchens

I got an answer. He is not a member on this forum so i gave him an invite
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    @johnkitchens

I got an answer. He is not a member on this forum so i gave him an invite
    He doesn't know what he has been missing. 

• Jstroke
    Options
    @johnkitchens
    He has joined the forum but says he cannot post. What are the rules. It has been a long time--does he have to be accepted?
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    @johnkitchens
    He has joined the forum but says he cannot post. What are the rules. It has been a long time--does he have to be accepted?
    Yes, it takes a few days.
  • SGH
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    @johnkitchens
    When I joined it was about a week before I could post. 

Status- Standing by.

• Jstroke
    Options
    Ok I will let him know. His handle is doubledooce1
  • tikigriller
    Options
    Only took me a couple days. 
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I am thinking the guy is still a rookie, because he has not spent a brazillion dollars on the lifestyle yet. Wait until he completely demolishes and rebuilds his KITCHEN like I did just to fit all the stuff I need for my BGEs, and more counter space to prep. And the landscaping, the extra freezers, the stockpiles of bourbon and wine, Titos and cigars, .... you get my point.
    Then, and only then, will he be one of us.
    God help him.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    That's my good friend Josh Tahan. He's not on the forum, but is on social media. Great guy and a great cook. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I am thinking the guy is still a rookie, because he has not spent a brazillion dollars on the lifestyle yet. Wait until he completely demolishes and rebuilds his KITCHEN like I did just to fit all the stuff I need for my BGEs, and more counter space to prep. And the landscaping, the extra freezers, the stockpiles of bourbon and wine, Titos and cigars, .... you get my point.
    Then, and only then, will he be one of us.
    God help him.
    .....and Ron, don't forget the travel time and expenses for all the debaucheries.  ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options

I know two of them, Luke and Kurt.

Back in 2006 when Kay and I got our first BGE at the Ocala FL Eggfest I decided I would cook on our large demo egg and showed up knowing mostly nothing about BGE's, quickly realized that I had no way to light an egg no source of fire! Upon arriving we checked in and were graciously greeted by Luke and his wife Missy, they were so kind to us and made us feel like family. So when I needed something to light the egg I went and found Luke explained that I needed some matches and asked him, he put his are around me and said lets get your egg fired up and cooking. Luke & Missy kept an eye on us all day and by the end of the day we were sure they must be a sister & brother from another mother!

Met Kurt at the Tampa Eggfest a few years ago and it was his first fest and he is also a great friend.

They are both active on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/BGEBBQers/

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Doubledooce1
    Options
    Hey guys, I did write the story. And thanks Jstroke for alerting me to this forum.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Hey guys, I did write the story. And thanks Jstroke for alerting me to this forum.
    Welcome to the forum! 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Josh has mad cooking skills. His feed is on IG. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jstroke
    Options
    Welcome--at your service my good man.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Welcome! 
    Jacksonville FL