Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Ranch Couche Couche - The Movie

Options
The LSU football Tigers and fans had an interesting weekend. And I was all set to celebrate the win over Auburn with some Couche Couche, a sort of "Po Man's Dinner" turned into a oft repeated cheer at LSU football games. "Hot Boudin. Cold Couche Couche. Come on Tigers Pooche Pooche Pouche." 

The game will be long remembered in many different ways, as will the story about it. But it's history now and life goes on while a great football coach packs his bags. 

Well, needless to say, it was the next day before I got around to cooking my celebration dish, and by then, LSU had fired their coach of many years and set out on a new path. I made the couche couche anyway. 

Actually, there's no boudin in couche couche, unless you want it to be there, but the recipe I used called for andouille. I can see why. Couche couche needs something to bring it up a notch. 

The best idea I had was to serve it for breakfast with a fried egg on top. One of the 'runny-yoke' kind. Now THAT was good! 

Here's my version of Couche Couche... 

https://youtu.be/e6jp-TQzwl4 

Spring "Win A Few Lose A Few" Chicken 
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Yeah....they wasted no time cutting Les loose. No tears shed here. Enjoy your Couche Couche....
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Nice video Leroy...Looking good. 
    Kinda a cornbread version of grits? I'm not very up on Southern Breakfast Foods. The sausage and eggs would have done me right.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Nice video Leroy...Looking good. 
    Kinda a cornbread version of grits? I'm not very up on Southern Breakfast Foods. The sausage and eggs would have done me right.
    Thanks Darian.  It's really just a simple cornbread that is fried in grease and brought to life with other stuff.  Simple, fast and works if you're really hungry. The egg on top is just another version of what Texans call cush cush (various spellings), whereas stale cornbread is crumbled loosly and fried in bacon grease (which imparts a bacon flavor into it) and then topped with a fried egg with runny yoke similar to what I did this morning.  We have that a few times a year because my Texas-Born Sweetie starts craving it and won't stop until I cook it.

We like down-home cooking here at the Chicken Ranch.

Spring "Home Style Here Is Just A Big Green Egg Away" Chicken