Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Scalloped 'Taters and Ham

Options
Just like Mom used to make, only better :)

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a winner to me brother.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Looking strong. I"ll split it with you @SGH but I get to go first. I want at least one bite out of the whole pan.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    I loved me some of those! Nice food there.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• tikigriller
    Options
    This is my next cook...something that we absolutely normally do in the oven...lilke our Enchilada's.....I'm cooking them in the glass pirex dish on the Egg.

When you do that, do you set the egg at the same temp as you would the oven and cook for the same times?  Indirect I suppose so the fire is not blazing away at the bottom of the glass.....

By the way.......you pic's reminded me how hungry I am right now stuck at work!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    Mostly the same, started about 300, but got it up to 370ish after a half hour or so, cooked for an hour and a half. Platesetter legs up and the cast iron grid. Used this recipe, mostly, but used chicken stock instead of milk with the half-and-half.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/scalloped-potatoes-and-ham.html
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Gosh that looks so good... Nicely done..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....