Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Cook for daughters wedding Saturday

2 Briskets on the XL:

And 2 more above them:

And 1 on the M : 

Hope 5 is enough. 

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
   1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

Comments

• That's a shît ton of brisket!  Enjoy HER day. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Now that is friggin grand BGE brisket adventure.  I know you've got this so sit back, relax and enjoy the cook.  Just don't get your wires crossed.  ;)
    And don't forget the checkbook...Congrats to all.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • With this wedding in mind, I bought a CyberQ WiFi. Son in law to be got it going. I bought a 8.8 lb brisket to test it. Daughter changed her mind as to where on the farm she wanted the big event to occur. We had her first choice manicured and looking great but we had to jump in and mow off a different ridge.  So I've been really busy. Didn't get to cook the test brisket. Going cod turkey with the big cook. I must say, I'm very impressed with this little
    gadget.  It's holding temp within 2 or 3 degrees. I was able to monitor it from their Meet and Greet picnic 15 miles away. I may even get to sleep tonight. 

Tommy 

1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Standing by for epic results. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    Talk about putting it all out there-"no balls, no blue chips".  Way to step up and we all know the priorities here-You will nail it-
    Always remember, those most familiar with the planning and execution spend way too much time sweating everything and to the guests, it's a wonderful experience.  Again congrats!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    edited September 2016
    Thanks fellows.  Looking forward to a great time tomorrow. Have lots of primo bourbon( 
    750's:
    2 Woodford Double oaked
    2 Jim Beam Single Barrel
    1 Makers Mark 46
    1 Calumet
    1 Four Roses Single Barrel
    1 Angels Envy
    2 Buffalo Trace
    2 Eagle Rare Single Barrel
    1 Evan Williams (It's a Williams
    1 Bulleit 1.75

Authentic Texas chili, Mexican made Tamales and lots of brisket. May not be coherent until sometime Sunday. 

Tommy 

• lousubcap
    @FarmerTom -  Doing an over-the-top presentation of the bourbon offerings for sure. I hope the guests appreciate the differences and the opportunity to greatly expand their bourbon experiences.  But given a wedding crowd I would seriously doubt it.  But you have a great Father of the Bride pre-wedding evening organized.  Enjoy it all.
    BTW- nice job with the weather gods as well.  
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Very nice brother!  Congrats on the wedding.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    That is an excellent cook and a great supply of bourbon! Have a great weekend!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Dayum. This is pure greatness. I might not survive. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Keeping an eye on this post

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I wanna see how this goes.  Congrats!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Congrats on the wedding.. Boy you are loaded for bear with the beverages.. Brisky's look great. Enjoy the big day !!!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Go big or go home! Nice to get one off of the payroll. Congrats on the wedding Tom. 
  • The 4 on my XL are on the home stretch. CyberQ is alright in my book. The temp has been a steady 225 

My M however, is a different story. It went to sleep on me overnight. Was at 158 this morning. Had to pull everything and take my mapp torch to it. Have bumped it up to 300 to try and catch up. 

Tommy 

• Looking great! Congrats!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• LKNEgg
    LKNEgg Posts: 339
    Nice work!  Enjoy the day!
    Large BGE - 2014
    FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
    Lake Norman area of NC
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Tom, this is as epic as I knew it would be. You are a great father and a great man. If I had that much bourbon and brisket, you would not see me for days. 
    Enjoy this wonderful celebration. 
    Our best, as always.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Cheers to the growing family, and to many more celebrations to come! Well done, sir!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• What a great post!!!!  Congratulations. You sound as though you have a lot to be Proud Of and extremely Thankful for!!  
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Awesome post. Congrats. 
    South Buffalo, New York
  • lousubcap
    Congratulations across the board-you definitely know how to plan, organize and deliver a top-shelf event.