Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Price for Max Mini

Options
 What's the going prices for a max mini egg?
 I have a dealer who has one that's been sitting on the shelf for the good part of this year. he saw me looking at it he told me he would sell it for $399,  even though the sticker price was listed at $499.  He said they did have it marked originally he believes it was either at $549 or $599 but I don't recall seeing it at that price.

XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Good deal!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thats a good deal for a Mini Max! The mini is usually listed for $400
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Good price, ask him to throw in the platesetter and see what happens.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    edited September 2016
    Options
    That's a solid price. $499 is about the lowest price you'll find. Normally $50-100 more depending on your location. 

Buy it before they change their mind or somebody else grabs it. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Jump on it before he changes his mind. That's an extremely fair price. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    That depends which part of Florida.  Exactly which dealer is this????  What town????  I need an address to be sure.....
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    I would go snap that up pronto....
  • yljkt
    Options
    Just don't title the thread "Deal of a lifetime".  =)
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    That's a good price. I paid $450 for mine.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That's a great price. Send the address to the shop, and someone may beat you to it.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • tikigriller
    Options
    I see this MM....how trickie are they to cook on?  they seem so small, that it seems like they would be really hard to use and not burn things, etc.  I have the large, and wish I had the XL,  but I bought so many accessories for the large in my exchange window, that it is no longer financially wise to switch it to the XL, but I want the additional space and different temp ability to cook multiple things....(I never tailgate, so the mobility of the unit is really not a factor)--SOrry for the HiJacking
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll talk to the wife and see what she says about buying this. 

I mainly cook 2 chicken breasts or 1 good size steak. Getting my XL up to temp is time consuming and a waste of lump IMO. 

Besides my concerns, is there something this mini max can do that my XL can't? 
  • Armadillar
    Armadillar Posts: 18
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Be carried by one person.
    League City, TX - XL & Med
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    They're sold at about $529 here.  You should do it.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• bhedges1987
    Options

I mainly cook 2 chicken breasts or 1 good size steak. Getting my XL up to temp is time consuming and a waste of lump IMO. 

No - Just probably get up to temp faster and less of a hassel.  I would think it would be killer for a pork butt.  Easy to clean out and get started.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• yljkt
    Options
    I see this MM....how trickie are they to cook on?  they seem so small, that it seems like they would be really hard to use and not burn things, etc.  I have the large, and wish I had the XL,  but I bought so many accessories for the large in my exchange window, that it is no longer financially wise to switch it to the XL, but I want the additional space and different temp ability to cook multiple things....(I never tailgate, so the mobility of the unit is really not a factor)--SOrry for the HiJacking
    Can be a PITA to get up to temp. Bottom vent needs to be bigger. Plate setter about useless. Different cooking dynamic than all the others I have cooked on. I wouldn't buy another one. My daughter and SIL take it out in their RV all the time to cook on when camping. I'll use it when I need both eggs at once, but usually rely on my medium. 
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    yljkt said:
    Can be a PITA to get up to temp. Bottom vent needs to be bigger. Plate setter about useless. Different cooking dynamic than all the others I have cooked on. I wouldn't buy another one. My daughter and SIL take it out in their RV all the time to cook on when camping. I'll use it when I need both eggs at once, but usually rely on my medium. 
    Why's it hard to get up to temp?
  • yljkt
    Options
    yljkt said:
    Not all are. Read some Mini max threads on here and you will see the theme. I have a KAB in mine and usually fire it up with a torch and then leave the dome up for at least 5 minutes. Plenty of heavy hitters here have had the same issue. My medium can be ready to go in 15 minutes. I have ever waited 30 or more minutes for the Max to get hot. Same lump. Started the same way. I believe its an air flow issue. Getting it to temp with the plate setter in can be real tedious. I have had well established fires just go out. YRMV. 
  • tikigriller
    Options
    Gonnna save my coins for a medium
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • yljkt
    Options
    Gonnna save my coins for a medium
    The real killer is at average prices the medium will only run a little more $. BGE is REAL proud of that "Portable" egg. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    yljkt said:
    It's not. Never had a problem getting it to a high temp and never had a problem holding a low temp either. And neither has @HuddleHouseCook  on his MM & he's a greenhorn egger. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    Can you get this mini up to 900 degrees?
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options

You are a prime candidate for the Mighty Mini.  It is a fire breathing machine and very quick to temp.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • yljkt
    Options
    yljkt said:
    It's not. Never had a problem getting it to a high temp and never had a problem holding a low temp either. And neither has @HuddleHouseCook  on his MM & he's a greenhorn egger. 
    Lets see if we can get @Lit in for an opinion....
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    It's a different cooker from the large. The kick ash basket, woo, and the cgs stone are required. After that, if I'm wanting to get it hot quick, I clean it out, load it up with lump, light it the the mapp torch at 9, 3, and 6, then leave the lid open. That's the key, to leave the lid open. It'll get hot as **** this way. Quickly. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    yljkt said:
    yljkt said:
    Like Jeremiah said above it doesn't react like the other eggs you have to baby it to get it hot fast. I got the KAB and I sit there with the heat gun and get all the lump glowing first before I try to put the platesetter in or close the dome or it takes forever to get hot. The airflow isn't right on the MM with the other eggs if you leave them wide open they will have air pushing through hard but the MM will not do that unless you leave the dome cracked slightly. I have a spare Yeti bottle opened that I put between the dome and base even after I get all the lump going to increase airflow to keep it hot. It's really a poorly designed smoker/grill truth be told.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    A spare yeti bottle opener! Lol
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • yljkt
    Options
    Lit said:
    yljkt said:
    yljkt said:
    Like Jeremiah said above it doesn't react like the other eggs you have to baby it to get it hot fast. I got the KAB and I sit there with the heat gun and get all the lump glowing first before I try to put the platesetter in or close the dome or it takes forever to get hot. The airflow isn't right on the MM with the other eggs if you leave them wide open they will have air pushing through hard but the MM will not do that unless you leave the dome cracked slightly. I have a spare Yeti bottle opened that I put between the dome and base even after I get all the lump going to increase airflow to keep it hot. It's really a poorly designed smoker/grill truth be told.
    Thanks for the tip. Gonna try having the lid cracked open a little and see how it does. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    A spare yeti bottle opener! Lol
    I didn't buy them when SGH posted that if you register the coolers you get free bottle openers I called Yeti and registered 2 coolers then I called back after like a month I hadn't got them and they said they were backordered at the time so they would send them and then both shipments showed up a few days later.
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    Forgot to mention, his $399 price includes the minimax egg carrier.  I'm just now mentioning it because I saw it was an option on BGE website. 
     How much do these egg carriers sell for?