Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Kamado

Options
Was waiting for the BGE but the target deal came up in the forum last week and I couldn't resist at that price!

West Des Moines, IA. Pit Boss K24, Anova Sous Vide, Maverick 733, BBQ Guru Party Q, Looftlighter

Comments

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Congratulations! My first was an Imperial Kamado about 35 years ago.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Congrats on the new cooker!!  They all cook no matter what the color is.  Can't wait to see some cooks from your new Kamado.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Full salute, they are all made out of mud in the end. Time to get that pretty cooker dirty. Feed it lump and out comes grub.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Will be interested to read your likes and dislikes on this one. Think they sold the same thing at Costco this year
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • JT272929
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Will be interested to read your likes and dislikes on this one. Think they sold the same thing at Costco this year
    Yes they did, so far very happy putting it together. After reading other forums i figured out you need to take extra gasket and go around the top under the top lid an extra time, and once around the door on bottom. Did both and am really happy. For anyone who doesn't have one, I couldn't recommend the Looftlighter more, it is awesome! and our local Ace Hardware is stocking them

West Des Moines, IA. Pit Boss K24, Anova Sous Vide, Maverick 733, BBQ Guru Party Q, Looftlighter

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    Congratulations! My first was an Imperial Kamado about 35 years ago.

Yes mine was purchased in Japan in 1968, orange in color.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Remember- within reason it's not the cooker, it's the cook.  Congrats and welcome aboard.  Enjoy the journey.
    And very perceptive "First Kamado".  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Have you cooked anything yet?
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Welcome! 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota