Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Honey Chipotle Wings

Options
Threw an improvised sauce together consisting of Costco's "slathering bbq sauce," blue label bbq sauce, local honey and chipotle pepper powder.  The flavor combo worked out nice!  

Used some baking powder and some spices for the wings, then finished them with the sauce.  Good stuff. :flushed:

As a side note, I noticed on tonight's walk that a neighbor through the woods from me has a BGE with one of those stainless steel rain caps.  Gonna hafta figure out a way to meet whoever that is.  Might be dangerous for the waistline to have an egghead friend that close by though. :pensive:

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I'd tear those wangs up!!   Nice

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Does the baking powder crisp the skin well? Do you leave uncovered over night too or would that be overkill? Baking powder first then rub on top?

looks awesome!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Does the baking powder crisp the skin well? Do you leave uncovered over night too or would that be overkill? Baking powder first then rub on top?

looks awesome!
    Thx!  Yup, it crisps the skin really well. I also pat the raw wings dry with paper towels and air dry in the fridge for a couple of hours.  I do baking powder first, then season on top of that. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Thanks for info @Dyal_SC
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    @Dyal_SC Awesome looking wangs!  Foil under the grate for the whole ok, or just after you sauced?
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    @Dyal_SC Awesome looking wangs!  Foil under the grate for the whole ok, or just after you sauced?
    Whole cook to keep the PS semi clean. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Is that improvised as in you called Robin up to see what you could do to improve? 

:smiley:

They do look legit though! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Is that improvised as in you called Robin up to see what you could do to improve? 

They were not @northGAcock 's quality, but they were decent. =) FWIW though, Robin cheated in the wing ding.  You should've seen how many times he messed with @Jeremiah 's and @theyolksonyou 's dampers. Down right dirty. ;)   No one did a thing to his egg.  :whistle:
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Nice wings!!!  
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:

They were not @northGAcock 's quality, but they were decent. =) FWIW though, Robin cheated in the wing ding.  You should've seen how many times he messed with @Jeremiah 's and @theyolksonyou 's dampers. Down right dirty. ;)   No one did a thing to his egg.  :whistle:
    @Dyal_SC   drunk and stupid is no way to go through life Craig.....but twisting the truth is really despicable. You need to spend a little extra time in church this morning. =) Your wigs look great by the way!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:

@Dyal_SC   drunk and stupid is no way to go through life Craig.....but twisting the truth is really despicable. You need to spend a little extra time in church this morning. =) Your wigs look great by the way!
    Hahahaha!!!  Ok, I admit it, you beat us fair and square.  ;) You can cook really good for an old hippy.