Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vision hybrid gas/charcoal kamado

Options
Mosca
Mosca Posts: 456
edited September 2016 in EggHead Forum
Available as a stand-alone converter for Vision kamados, or all-in-one.

I'm not sure it's right for me, but it is interesting.

http://www.visiongrills.com/quickchange-gas-insert/

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    edited September 2016
    Options

I have that vision I bought on CL- Leaks like a sieve so I had to put high temp silicone on everything, worth the used price I paid, but I may buy that burner and just keep it LP...

Looks like they don't sell the burner separate...I would not recommend anyone buy that grill

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Well, one can see they're trying...
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    So that whole bottom portion of the Vision just sets in there? I watched the little movie they have up with the ad, and it looks like it kind of flops around? That has to be quite the air leak in charcoal mode.  
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I can taste propane and do not like the taste of if.  I would not want it, but I can see people who would.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
    yljkt said:
    So that whole bottom portion of the Vision just sets in there? I watched the little movie they have up with the ad, and it looks like it kind of flops around? That has to be quite the air leak in charcoal mode.  

It is, I sealed mine with silicone, as well as the door for the "electric starter"
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Make up your mind, you want the old gasser thing or the charcoal thing. Once you go black.....  =)
    ( I mean "lump" )  ;)

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.