Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally tried reverse sear...

Options
jeponline
jeponline Posts: 290
turned out to be the best steaks I've ever made. Had to brave a thunderstorm to do it, but it was well worth it. Found prime fillet at Fresh Market and decided I needed to kick my cooking method up a notch. 

Large BGE
Huntsville, AL

Comments

• GATraveller
    Options
    Knocked it out of the park......

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Lookey there, steak for a king. Atta boy. Now you just need to try caveman. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • jeponline
    jeponline Posts: 290
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Lookey there, steak for a king. Atta boy. Now you just need to try caveman. 
    Not sure I'm that brave. Might wait until the wife is out of town to give that a try. 
    Large BGE
    Huntsville, AL
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    Looks great!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Caveman is like camping when you are a teenager. Those memories tell you it' tasted better. It shouldn't, but it did. There wasn't any compound butter, and you didn't rest the meat. You ate it piping hot off a stick and probably burnt the $hit out of the roof of your mouth. But God almighty it tasted good. That's caveman. Today you can cook it to temp, hit with kosher salt and wash it down with a good beverage of choice. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.