Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Color Of The Egg..

Options
Does it really freakin' matter??

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    No.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Can't we all just get along?!  What matters is on the inside - clean burn or not, platesetter or CGS setup, royal oak or Rockwood, oil soaked paper towels, starter blocks, torch or hair dryer.  These are the things that separate us and matter.
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited September 2016
    Options
    rhetorical questions: does anyone really care about the answers?:
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• bgebrent
    Options
    rhetorical questions: does anyone care about the answers?:
    No.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    but I was repeatedly 'challenged' to come up with one, just saying  :s
    canuckland
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Not all big green eggs are big 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I care Darby. But I'm a kind and caring soul ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    SGH said:
    A Compassionate Conservative or in the Bucket of Deplorables?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Bshults1
    Options
    SGH said:
    A Compassionate Conservative or in the Bucket of Deplorables?

• bgebrent
    Options
    SGH said:
    One of the kindest I've ever known...
  • clemsontyger97
    Options
    It matters.

--Because I'm like ice, buddy. When I don't like you, you've got problems.

KJ Classic
    28" Blackstone
    South Carolina native, adopted Texan, residing in Olive Branch, MS.  Go Tigers.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I can't taste the dif between white eggs and brown, but white shells are actually easier to crack than brown; twue stowy!
    And, the organic/free-range eggs at the supermarket, while costlier, have a more-orange-than-yellow yolk and, I think, taste better and are worth the price.  

Chickens have earlobes, but no lips?  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• bhedges1987
    Options
    Is there a fight about egg color somewhere that I missed!?

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• bgebrent
    Options
    You bet yer ass!
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Fight? I didn't think so but a couple of folks were just curious why BGE made a limited run of blue eggs and that seems to have been a microaggression that triggered something in someone.

Still curious about why BGE made the blue eggs but if I go to my grave not knowing I can live with that (so to speak).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bgebrent
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Fight? I didn't think so but a couple of folks were just curious why BGE made a limited run of blue eggs and that seems to have been a microaggression that triggered something in someone.

Still curious about why BGE made the blue eggs but if I go to my grave not knowing I can live with that (so to speak).
    Pacifist,  it's the weekend! ;)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    ahhh, but the true quest for eggers will always be BLUE chimmea. THAT is the holy grail!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SloppyJoe
    Options
    RRP said:
    ahhh, but the true quest for eggers will always be BLUE chimmea. THAT is the holy grail!

Indeed.  That's the true quest.  Forget this Pokemon Go ****.  
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    I'm clueless if there is a blue chiminea or not. If not fine. If it exists, post a pic. Or choke on a bag of d**ks. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    yljkt said:
    I'm clueless if there is a blue chiminea or not. If not fine. If it exists, post a pic. Or choke on a bag of d**ks. 
    No it exists. There's a guy on the Facebook group that has both a blue large and a blue chimnea. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • yljkt
    Options
    So they came in 2 sizes? And blue....had no clue....
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• yljkt
    Options
    I read that it had something to do with Florida customers wanting the eggs the same color of their pool water. idk. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    blasting said:
    Botch said:

Chickens have earlobes, but no lips?  

Even stranger - chickens have breasts, but no nipples.

not true  =)

Am I the only one who shuddered a little when I saw this photo?
  • DieselkW
    Options
    Am I the only one who shuddered a little when I saw this photo?
    Agreed! I was like: "Where's the air gap under that pie plate?" <shudder>

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• TrailRunner
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    HeavyG said:

The story behind the blue BGE:
    1977 was the 75th anniversary of the British entering the Gordon Bennett Cup, which was the LeMans or Formula 1 of 1902. British Racing Green was the color chosen by the British in 1902 and used by every British auto manufacturer in the race. So for the 75th anniversary, every British auto manufacturer wanted to produce 1/2 their sports cars for that year in green. Well, there was a huge rush to buy up the green pigment required for paint. If you didn't know, the green pigment used in auto and high heat ceramics must come from crushed Jade. There's a limited supply of commercial grade Jade that comes out of the Orient each year and the demand created by the British auto industry raised the price of the pigment 20x higher than previous years. With such a high cost, BGE would have to either pass on the cost to the customer, almost tripling the price of a BGE, or switch to a different color. Hence why they made the Big Blue Egg from 1976-1978. Soon after the anniversary, supply had ramped up and demand dropped down to normal so the price of the pigment was super cheap. In 1978, BGE bought 44 metric tons of the pigment to help keep the suppliers in business and protect their suppliers for their own future, With so much pigment on hand, they started making multiple size eggs rather than just the single traditional size that was common from Japan and China. Now, in 2016, there is a person staring at a screen reading and believing this story that I mostly made up and I can't believe you read all of that. I honestly have no clue why there was a blue BGE but I hope you enjoyed the story.
    That's hilarious. Good one!!!
  • pswarren
    pswarren Posts: 98
    Options
    yljkt said:
    Just for you.