Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza dough question

Options
i have been making my own dough when we have pizza on the weekends. Typically, I would buy dough at a local pizza shop if we want to have some during the week. I'd like to keep tinkering with my own dough and I'm wondering how early I can make it and have it sit on the counter or refrigerate. 

Comments

• Willieb9000
    Options
    If you are using a starter, I usually shoot for 3 days ahead of time. So if I am making pizza on Saturday I would make the starter today, Wednesday, and let it sit for 18 or so hours. Then make the dough Thursday and do a bulk rise for 24 hours in the fridge. Then make dough balls Friday and put back in the fridge until you use them Saturday (or freeze ones you aren't using right away). You can keep in fridge for another day or two depending on your schedule. The slow cold rise does wonders for the flavor. 
    LBGE; Adjustable Rig
    Delaware County, PA