Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

rumored Chicago area Eggfest in Sept?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,893
I had it on good word way back in June that an Eggfest was going to happen sometime in September, 2016 - mid month I believe. Is this black tie and invitation only (LOL) or will it be announced to the general egging public?
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Chicago huh, the peeps putting it on proly got shot.  B)

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm not a pro-violence advocate but I am right there with @bud812 's comment.  ;)  And it's too late on a Sunday to further explore.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    Options
    LOL - guys! But this was supposed to be in a wealthier Northern burb, not Southern and during day light hours where and when those who participate in that killing a.k.a. target practice activity are typically in bed sleeping off their drug induced time outs!
  • Ima_good_egg
    Options
    I've heard the same rumblings from my dealer. 
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • RRP
    Options
    I've heard the same rumblings from my dealer. 
    Yeah...my two sources were more than just rumors but penciled in comitments.
  • Ima_good_egg
    Options
    Anyone know the particulars?
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    seems like it would be well publicized by now if it were happening.  i'd love for an eggfest to happen around here.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • RRP
    Options
    blind99 said:
    seems like it would be well publicized by now if it were happening.  i'd love for an eggfest to happen around here.
    You might want to keep Saturdays clear next June, 2017 for the 15th annual PEORIA Eggfest. Not a biggie, but something continues to keep it on the map as one of the longest continuest running Eggfests in the COUNTRY! 

Also don't forget Pete's Eggfest up in Sterling, IL. Both are easy drives for you guys from the Windy City!
  • SmokeMyBitchUp
    Options
    bud812 said:

I'm reading this with my jaw on the floor.  How could you possibly joke about this?  People, including me and my family, live here.  Any everyone else reading says nothing?  Nice knowing you all I'm not willing to be subjected to this **** on a grill forum
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    bud812 said:

I'm reading this with my jaw on the floor.  How could you possibly joke about this?  People, including me and my family, live here.  Any everyone else reading says nothing?  Nice knowing you all I'm not willing to be subjected to this **** on a grill forum
    *Says the guy with the wife beater reference in his handle. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    bud812 said:

Poof...beotch be gone
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• RRP
    Options
    bud812 said:

Sorry man, but I'm down here next to Peoria. More often than not when Windy City thugs/gangbangers need to go on the lam those idiots come down here and end up shooting innocent people. Please keep them up there!