Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pig candy

Options
Has anyway ever froze this and then thawed it back out to serve. Thought this might be less hassle to make to sell at the street festival instead of the moink balls. Thanks.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Has anyway ever froze this and then thawed it back out to serve. Thought this might be less hassle to make to sell at the street festival instead of the moink balls. Thanks.

Your dilemma is akin to "The Hippys Dilemma" where the question is how to keep his hair from messing up in a wind storm. There is no doubt a solution, but I have yet to solve the poor hippys dilemma. But I can help you with yours my friend. Now to the question at hand. 
    Yes and no. Yes you can, but you will have to re-crystalize the sugar in the oven or a dehydrator. No, simply for the fact that the crystalized sugar that you have worked so hard for, will disintegrate from the moisture in the freezer. However, there is a way to help with that. Make the candy, allow it to  cool completely, then cryovac (vac seal) and freeze. Remove from freezer and thaw completely without opening the bag. This will prohibit any moisture crystals from attacking the sugar as it thaws.
    In return for helping you with your question, I would like to ask for only a very small favor in return my friend. If you have the solution to the "Hippys Dilemma", please share it here. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    And as always, if the Candy Gods offer alternative advice, then by all means, go with theirs instead of mine my friend. One should never question the Gods. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tcracing
    tcracing Posts: 378
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Tell the hippy to cut his hair, and problem solved. @SGH
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon