Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

R.I.P. Larry Wilmore

Options
Sardonicus
Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
edited August 2016 in Off Topic

Well, his show died.

Apparently, Mr. Wilmore isn't apologetic enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoMvd3nF4CY

:| 
 B) 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    "Cameras don't fall off"

Spoken like a man who has never been on either side of this struggle. The media is pushing a war that isn't there. There were more deaths in Chicago in the past few years than Soldiers killed in Iraq. More white people killed by white cops than anyone else in the U.S.  

Why can't we all just bond over some delicious, affordable "Mexican" food?

I give to you, the Taco Bell Cheeto Burrito. It's food. It's in a thread. It may save this from being buffaloed. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited August 2016
    Options
    "Cameras don't fall off"

Spoken like a man who has never been on either side of this struggle. The media is pushing a war that isn't there. There were more deaths in Chicago in the past few years than Soldiers killed in Iraq. More white people killed by white cops than anyone else in the U.S.  

Why can't we all just bond over some delicious, affordable "Mexican" food?

I give to you, the Taco Bell Cheeto Burrito. It's food. It's in a thread. It may save this from being buffaloed. 

Yeah, you're right.
    Everything is just fine - or will be . . . just as soon as we stop those white cops from killing alla those white people!

:| 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I watched his show for the first few months but it just didn't click with me. I enjoyed the bits he did but didn't really like the panel discussions. Too many of them just seemed to end up (like so many panels discussions) with people talking over each other.

Was surprised they killed the show BEFORE the election tho. They should have kept him around for that.

Hope he finds some other place to "keep it 100".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ChillyWillis
    Options
    I'm with HeavyG on this one. I really wanted to like the show but more often than not the panel segments turned into a bit of a jumbled mess and some of the recurring bits were just the same joke over and over again (especially the Nightly Nightly bit where the entertainment reporter tried to report on serious topics). 

Its a shame because Larry is clearly a very intelligent and funny guy and I had hoped the show would find its groove but it never quite did. Comedy Central really needs to find something that will work in that 11:30 slot that pairs with the daily show.

I miss the Jon Stewart/Colbert report days...