Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First loin

cfuller3
cfuller3 Posts: 33
Just tickled still with the results the Egg keeps turning out.  I had a package of dry rub that says it can be used for either dry, or mixed with various liquids for a marinade.  I elected the dry rub after a slathering of spicy brown mustard, just to try the first loin.  Got things heated up to the 330-350 range and put it on, pulled it at 152 and let it rest, blanketed in AF.......  Had neighbors over for the 'try'.....  Nice job Egg, nice job.
Portsmouth, VA.  LBGE.  Missed all this fun till now.   Update: Minimax added to arsenal. Hint, don't take off camping for a month after getting a LBGE, and leave it home, it'll cost you plenty.

Comments

• MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Beautiful, just beautiful, one of my favorites. Great sammys for tomorrow.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • Looks good. 

Blanketed in foil it will continue to cook. If you like it rarer, try pulling at 135-140 and letting it rest uncovered. The BGE retains more moisture than metal cookers, but you'll have even more if you let it cool a bit before cutting it. 

You 'll be eating pink pork in no time!

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]