Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cush Cush Breakfast

Options
Okay, for you Cajun types, Couche Couche. 

For everyone else, it's whatever you want to call it and how you want to make it. 

You can make it from scratch with just some salt, baking powder, corn meal, milk, butter, bacon-drippings, or whatever... Then pile on whatever your little heart desires and eat it anytime of the day or night. 

Or you can do like we do, take yesterday's cornbread and crumble it up loosely in a skillet of butter or bacon grease and stir it around a bit to crisp up. Not much, just enough to make it interesting. 

While you're doing that, butter-fry a couple of fresh eggs, trying not to break the yoke. You'll need that good runny yoke for what comes next. 

Spread the hot cornbread crumbles on a plate and lay those fried eggs on top. Salt and pepper to taste (a lot of both is better), and serve with hot black coffee, milk or juice. 

A slice of ham or some bacon or some sausage or even some cane syrup will just add to the excitement. 

Here's what we did with our yesterday's cornbread this morning. 

Yes, it was good. Yes, it's fattening. Yes, it's not for everyone. But Lordy was it good. 

Spring "Old Times Are Not Forgotten" Chicken 
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,649
    Options
    I don't what I'd call it but I'd be all over it.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    never heard of this cush cush you told us about, but I remember almost like yesterday some 49 years ago being in NC and having my first taste of grits! WOWSER were they good! I've enjoyed them over the years when vacationing in the South. Next time what do you suggest I call those so the natives will not look at me so weird and serve me some cook's laughter?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.