Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cubans - old Greeneggers forum recipe

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1260730&catid=1

These were a big hit with the family. I don't have a sandwich press so I toasted them between two pizza stones. Like the original post states, the paste is very runny so I am thinking I will inject some into the butt next time.

Cheap version of a Smokeware cap for the rain

Basking  Ridge, NJ - XL with KAB

Comments

• Have not seen that post in awhile.  That was mine under my original egg forum name.  I use the nakedwhiz mojo pork recipe now for my Cubans.  The paste is thicker in the mojo recipe. Serve these at ga Mtn fest each year.  The lodge cast iron rectangular griddle is ribbed on one side and works as a sandwich press in the egg.  And FYI.  Publix grocery has good Cuban loaves for these
  • And the mojo recipe has a Cuban sauce too to add to the pork.  Sammys look great