Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

you're forewarned - stand clear of me tomorrow!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
We are headed out to our Italian neighbors annual bagna cauda party. Dozens and dozens of cooked garlic heads will be consumed along with many pounds of butter. All eaten by hand with veggies and bread. Slippin' and slidin' in the morning besides dragon breath! =)
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    That sounds amazing. My wife and I go through a lot of garlic.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I have never heard of this tradition. Saundra yummy and fascinating
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I would make sure you home gas detector(s) are in great working order.  Sounds like a great time.  Enjoy and thanks for the warning.  There goes more of the ozone layer... ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Way jelly of your trip to Garlic Valhalla! 
    Flint, Michigan
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Hmmm? Halfway across the country ought to be far enough away. Have plenty of good bread and quality olive oil to dip it in.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Ever been to Gilroy? :lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    Options
    Tums for the tummy have been popular here for 3 hours already!  
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Back in another life while living in Miami, we happened on an Italian Restaurant called Mary's near our apartment.  Their food was deliciously Italian and laced with garlic.  But their always hot bread sticks were beyond delicious, mostly due to a heavy layer of garlic bits in butter.  

The first time we ate there, we sweat garlic for three days.  Our clothes smelled of garlic, as did my office at work from me just breathing.  

We went back to Mary's many times, always mindful of the consequence of our garlic intake.   And we still miss Mary's 40 years later.

Spring "Some Things Just Can't Be Forgot" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Did you just burp?  I think I just smelt it, or maybe it was a dog fart. Hope you had fun Ron. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @RRP
    Ron, are you belching and farting like a bay mule today? 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    Options
    SGH said:
    @RRP
    Ron, are you belching and farting like a bay mule today? 
    Actually the belching aspect occurred before bedtime so the gases exited the same way as they came in versus run through my internal plumbing! I learned my lesson the hard way my first year. I even considered eliminating the middle man and just dump my plate right into the stool! 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Does garlic keep the mosquitos away?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    when i read the thread title i thought you were having beans =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it