Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If you buy a brand new egg from someone can you transfer the warranty?

Options
Sea2Ski
Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
I met someone who has a brand new egg and is willing to sell it to me for a really good price. It never had fire in it. Owner is not sure if it is registered, and he does not know if he still has the receipt. If he does he will give it to me, but he is not sure. He is looking for it. 
Think if I sent pictures to the mothership they would let me register or transfer the warranty on it to me if he can not find the receipt?  

--------------------------------------------------
Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
....just look for the smoke!
Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    Doesn't look like it

15. LIMITATIONS: This Limited Warranty is non-transferable. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Tony_T
    Tony_T Posts: 303
    Options
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Ask Bruce Bohannon at BGE. Yes, I know what the warranty says.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Yea, I know it says it it is not transferable, but there are exceptions to every rule.  I do not know if the fact it was never fired up would be one of them, and was wondering if anyone here has tried before and what the outcome was.
    I guess I will call Bruce @Carolina Q. Thanks.
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    whether ever fired up or not isn't the trigger - if it was never registered before is the deciding factor.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    How good is your dealer relationship? If solid, I would just do it. 
  • Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    I have never registered my first egg after 8 years. I have replaced a few different items and have never been questioned once. I bought a used second egg and have had a firebox from there, never once has anyone checked the registration. The good people at Fred's music and BBQ have said in the past that if it ever became an issue they would replace whatever needed done. 
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    RRP said:
    whether ever fired up or not isn't the trigger - if it was never registered before is the deciding factor.
    I'm with you on this RRP.  If it was never used and never registered, why couldn't it be registered as a gift?  I would want that receipt. I just bought a L for son and DIL, but I registered it immediately online in their name as a gift. 

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Transfer as a gift if never registered. Easy. It's how I got my BGE 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• jdsmithii
    jdsmithii Posts: 50
    Options
    I purchased my Large BGE from craigslist from a man who had won it in a benefit.  He did not have a receipt, did not fire it up, had it in the box.  I was able to register it in my name.
  • Staygold
    Staygold Posts: 45
    Options
    I bought mine from an eggfest in May. Nothing about registering it was ever mentioned. How do you do that?
    LBGE #76 Georgia Mountain Eggfest 2016
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker