Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin my way

Options
Good evening all!

Had a short clinic day today so I thought I'd beat the Mrs. home and cook dinner. Grabbed the little pork tenderloin out of the fridge and off we go.....

Seasoned with BGE's Garlic and Pepper seasonings and lightly glazed with a blend of honey and brown sugar. Off to the Egg at a cool 350-ish raised-direct till about 135, flipped once during the cook. Re-glazed and let sit in for a few more minutes to get that sugar to crust. 

Juicy as as all get out!  Served with carrots and brown rice; with a big ole Southern Sweeet Tea. 

Rockwood only on this cook since I did not want any discernible smoke. 

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like money to me my friend. However I won't say who's money ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Good boy--should win some points to be saved for later.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Nailed it....my pulling temp is under 140....gotta love this piece of pork and the tenderness...
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    My bride is running late from her yoga/barre class....  Had to sneak a bite. That's a damn juicy tenderloin there!!!

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options
    Pork tenderloin is one of my favorites now on the BGE. That looks awesome. I like the sweet glaze with honey! 
    Large BGE -- New Jersey

• TEggSun
    TEggSun Posts: 244
    Options
    Really nice cook right there.  There's enough juice there to make a really nice reduction.  Very nicely done.
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    That is money right there....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Damn that looks fantastic. Great cook...
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Yep !!  That'sa nic'un !!

I want to learn to cook PTL so bad it hurts.  Mine just don't turn out to what I expect.

Looks greeaaat !!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    That's a winner @DaveRichardson! I'll bet that seasoning is fantastic on pork tenderloin. I'm going to give that a try soon.

I know you were going for no smoke on this one. Our favorite is to throw in one little chunk of peach with pork tenderloin. Just a subtle sweetness to the peach smoke and it goes well with any sweet glaze.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    @minniemoh I always use peach or pecan for my smoke; I am in GA!  We regularly go pick peaches for ice cream. I might try a small piece for the next one. 

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    @minniemoh I always use peach or pecan for my smoke; I am in GA!  We regularly go pick peaches for ice cream. I might try a small piece for the next one. 
    You get a lot better peach wood than I do then!  =) Wish I could source it right from the tree. We love your GA peaches.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looks delicious man!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga