Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Very very first packer brisket!

Options
milesvdustin
milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
So i finally grabbed a hold of a full packer and threw it on at midnight last night. Salt n pepper rub, trimmed from the franklin style. 

250 degrees, cooked until 1230 and the thick part of the flat waqs 195 and it was mostly jiggly. A few spots in the flat were still 175-180. I rested 30 minutes then ftc the flat and the point is cubed in a pan back in the egg. Used pecan and one hickory chunk. 

This is the brisket at 7 hours, firmly in the stall. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

Comments

• g37
    g37 Posts: 450
    Options
    Good looking brisket very nice color. I got 1 in my egg to its almost done its stuck at 182 degrees.  
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Great looking cook right there.  Congrats.  Enjoy the upcoming banquet and only slice on demand.  
    But since I'm here-next time treat yourself to the point, best part of the brisket, hands down.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Looking good!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• milesvdustin
    Options
    Alright so we just cut the flat and served. Came out great, although a tiny bit dry. Learning for next time! I think my wife is going to lose it, she keeps asking why i havent cooked one of these before. She seems agitated about that. 

• JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options
    Nice! 
    Large BGE -- New Jersey

• milesvdustin
    Options
    Thanks! I got rave reviews on it from everyone partaking!

• Luvnlife
    Luvnlife Posts: 219
    Options
    Looks so good, can't wait to try that. I want!!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Outstanding. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Looks great.

Wish I had a plate full right now !!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Finished product looks most excellent.  Congrats on the cook and reviews.  Always a fun cook.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Looks like you did it justice!! I like to use a pan with a touch of water to keep the dripping from burning under the brisket. Then use the drippings to pour over the sliced brisket. Helps keep it from dying out on the cutting board.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum