Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous Vide Tri-Tip Seared on GrillGrates

Options
Okay, it's been a very long day, most of it in the heat, but I had time to set my Mini-Max up to sear a 3½ hour sous-vide Tri-Tip on my new GrillGrates. 

It turned out well. Here's the video. 

https://youtu.be/b0qO6LCuQ3c 

I'm really getting to like those GrillGrates. 

Now I'm going horizontal for as long as I can stand it. 

Spring "Day Is Done, Gone The Sun..." Chicken 
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I am more of a Angel of Death by Slayer music guy when watching tri tip food videos, but to each their own. 
  • Ima_good_egg
    Ima_good_egg Posts: 590
    Options
    Another fine video Mr chicken. I especially like the blissed out hot tub shot.
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That looks great.  I am a fan of the grill grates.  I use them all the time now for direct.  My only complaint is I wish they made them to fit then entire grid.  On the large you give up a good bit of real estate.  

I really like using the grill grates for bacon.  No flare ups and the bacon cooks quickly and turns out really good.  They are also great for burgers, so naturally they are excellent for bacon double cheeseburgers. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    That looks great.  I am a fan of the grill grates.  I use them all the time now for direct.  My only complaint is I wish they made them to fit then entire grid.  On the large you give up a good bit of real estate.  

I really like using the grill grates for bacon.  No flare ups and the bacon cooks quickly and turns out really good.  They are also great for burgers, so naturally they are excellent for bacon double cheeseburgers. 
    Funny you should mention burgers.  We plan to move the GrillGrates to my Large Egg today for lunch to see how they cook there.  I'm also curious about cooking pizza's on them.  I agree about them fitting better.

Spring "Let There Be Better Fit" Chicken