Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Little help please.

Options
pgprescott
pgprescott Posts: 14,544
We took on the Lanes bbq line as well as the Meat Church line. I know both of these guys are avid eggers and I have seen their products mentioned on the forum. I'm looking for your suggestions and / or favorite applications of their stuff. It will take me a while to try it all. We have given some to a couple customers to give us their feedback, but I'm sure there are many avid users of these products on here. Any of your " cliff notes" will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Sorry Pete ... haven't seen that brand.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• g37
    g37 Posts: 450
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I love to do ribeyes with a mix of  holy cow and lanes ancho express. All my rib cooks i use meat church's honey hog.  
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Never used either but if you want an unbiased report just send some to Ky. Lol

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    After trying Lane's Ancho Expresso Rub on steaks, we won't cook them any other way at my house.  I have neighbors and family members that have had them here and then gone out and bought the rub.  I even gave some Lane's Ancho as Christmas presents last year.

When I cook butts, my go to is MC Honey Hog and then a dusting of Honey Hot Hog.  I tired that on my first butts about a year ago and I don't see any reason to screw with success.

I do have a pretty good collection of Meat Church and have used them all at one time or another, but these are my go to rubs most often.

FWIW
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I've tried Meat Churches Honey Hog, Honey Hog Hot, and Holy Cow. I've heard good things about Honey Hog but haven't heard too much about Holy Cow. I wasn't expecting much from it. Boy was I wrong. That will be the first 16oz rub gone of his that I've ordered. I'm a fan
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    I use holy cow on my briskets and steaks 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Honey hog is actually decent on salmon
    Greensboro, NC
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Thanks all. Keep em coming. I would have never thought to use honey hog on salmon. Cool!
  • BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    Options
    Lanes Ancho Espresso on a rib eye cap steak is pure heaven!
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• WeberWho
    Options
    Is the Lanes Ancho Espresso similar to Mickeys Coffee Rub or different flavor profile?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • pgprescott
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Is the Lanes Ancho Espresso similar to Mickeys Coffee Rub or different flavor profile?
    Idk yet. Lots of good feed back on it. Sounds like it has some kick with the ancho. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I mix Honey Hog and Honey Hog Hot and put them on babybacks.  Perfect.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• WeberWho
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Idk yet. Lots of good feed back on it. Sounds like it has some kick with the ancho. 
    It will be interesting to hear the difference from Lanes and Mickeys since they have similar profile of ancho chili powder and espresso in them. 

Minnesota
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Gonna do the holy cow and ancho mix on some fillets tonight. Report to follow.