Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small World

Options
We stopped in Walgreens yesterday to take advantage of their ‘Senior’s Day’ sale.  I still don’t know why they consider me a “senior” when I’ve been a “Junior” since the day I was born.  

Anyway, as we were checking out, one of the Walgreen’s workers said, “You’re Big Green Egg owners, aren’t you?”  

Well, that got our attention.  He did look somewhat familiar.

Turns out he was working for Barbecue’s Galore back in 1999 when we purchased our first Egg, Lily Large.  He said he remembered us well and enjoyed our visits to the store which closed a few years later.  

I asked if he owns an egg.  Yes.  

He said he still has our card.  I showed him the latest version and he said his was different.

So I showed him the links to the BGE forums on the back and gave him a new one.

Of course, we invited him to any and all Eggfests around the country, especially those in Texas.

After all these years, we’re still recognizable.  I hope that’s because we’re aging well.

Small world made better by being recognized.

Spring “Current Member Of A Small World” Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    That's pretty cool!! Good people are hard to forget.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    Spring Chicken, I believe in the past you posted a breakfast sandwich video on the blackstone.  I went back and couldn't seem to find it. If I'm correct could you please post it again. Thanks for your time. 
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Moleman said
    Spring Chicken, I believe in the past you posted a breakfast sandwich video on the blackstone.  I went back and couldn't seem to find it. If I'm correct could you please post it again. Thanks for your time. 
    Here you go.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyvmiCushyQ

By the way, I used to cook something similar on my Griddle Q, a fun accessory for a large Egg when you need a griddle.  I was attempting to make frozen biscuits turn out like English Muffins.  They burned a little but were okay.  Not a good replacement for an English Muffin.  Here's the link to that video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LChNxm6KYiA

We really enjoy the Blackstone because it's always ready to cook something fast.  We enjoy the Griddle Q because it's portable.

Spring "A Griddling I Will Go, A Griddling I Will Go, Hi Ho Hi Ho, A Griddling I Wll Go" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options