Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Getting Old...?

Options
RedSkip
RedSkip Posts: 1,400
I just snapped on my neighbor kid for lighting fireworks in his driveway.  Not because it's dangerous, but rather cause our two year sleeps next to their side of the house.  

Tell me I'm getting old and need to chill... Crazy how quickly our perspectives change.  
BTW, it's 9:45 pm, perhaps that's my justification.

Miles away we can hear the launching of fireworks in the city, go figure now I feel bad.

Thanks for listening...
Large BGE - McDonald, PA

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

The problem with today's technology is there's a lack of kids playing outside to yell at.

Phoenix 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I knew I was getting old when my testicles stopped floating. Now they sink straight to the bottom. Sure sign of old age. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Tell him to git off the lawn too!!!!

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If ever a day to lighten up it is the celebration of Independence Day-USA.
    That said, I can understand your parent response.  
    BTW-old is quite relative-the last time I was a parent of a two year old was 23 years ago. I am old  ;)  Happy Birthday USA.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Thanks for the honest advice, today is the day to celebrate.  Appreciate your perspective!  
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    My old neighbours kid was a gear head and could not leave the driveway with squealing the tires down the street. Having napping babies at the time, I did not appreciate that. 
    We had a chat. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Wilma's dog goes bananas over fireworks and thunderstorms.  We got him on doggie downers right now.
    edit:  It wasn't that long ago I was the one lighting the fuse.
    Flint, Michigan
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    I think being a fan of Bubbles helps you stay young.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I played basketball with my 13 year old nephew today... I'm only 35 but it made me feel old...
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    SGH said:
    I knew I was getting old when my testicles stopped floating. Now they sink straight to the bottom. Sure sign of old age. 
    Come back and talk to me when they hang out side your cargo shorts while you are standing up, that's being old.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Come back and talk to me when they hang out side your cargo shorts while you are standing up

Didn't they do that in Bad Grandpa?
    Phoenix 
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I guess I don't act my age.  I was the one that took some gifts to the fireworks stand I go every year, because I got 30 % off.  My 7 year old son fell asleep on his mom's lap tonight around 9:30 or so.  By the way I will be 52 in less then 24 hours and I refuse to grow up all the way, but I do understand about the kid shooting off fireworks near you're kids bedroom.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    SGH said:
    https://youtu.be/1zdDfQrPi5Q
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    My wife told me if I woke our daughter up I had to stop lighting them off. Kids a trooper she slept through 24 shots of canister shells. If it was like 12 I would say you were ok but 945 it's barely dark out.
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yup, you're over reacting. Let your neighbor's celebrate the '4th of July'. It only comes once a year. You must be one heck of a neighbor to complain about fireworks at 9:45 PM.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm with a couple military veterans for the 4th and feel awful when they jump when startled by the loud firework booms. They aren't thinking fireworks. They don't say a word but you can read their body language. If they can get through it for one night I'd give the neighbor kid a pass. Tomorrow night at 945 I might start getting a little annoyed. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I think they have mess for that! Actually, I know they do!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • CheeseheadinAZ
    CheeseheadinAZ Posts: 315
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @dougcrann my wife just asked my why I was crying... In laughter. The nut bra is too funny.