Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Possible Table Idea

Options
Not my company......  Start off with that!

After my hot ash mishap burning a small hole in my deck, I'm on the watch for new ideas to go on the new concrete pad that will be my eggs now home. 

Playing on youtube, I came across this video of an aluminum table. The modular design intrigued me and the easy looking build seemed like an easy weekend project. 

Check it out!  

https://youtu.be/IH0sU6qdMiQ

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

Comments

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Looks like it would last forever, but I'm thinking it would be quite expensive.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I like the modular concept, as opposed to built ins.  I wish it was square though.  

Phoenix 
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options

yeah..... just spec'd it out on their site and its around $1400.  I'd cut some of the cost by going with a nice wooden top.  And I'd like a bit beefier shelf to the side as well.

Still an interesting idea!

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

That's pricey.  A local welder could fab up the same thing for less than half.  

I do like the modular idea though.  I'm so happy this forum convinced me to wait on a table.  For my purposes, everything on wheels works, and I like being able to switch around the order of things.

Phoenix 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    blasting said:

I like the modular concept, as opposed to built ins.  I wish it was square though.  

Then just make a square one then. 

8020 extrusions are pretty cool. Can be cut with a regular miter saw.

I have no idea what those fancy smooth curved sections cost but the "normal" square extrusions can be gotten fairly reasonably on eBay.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    My thoughts exactly @heavyg. I might use their cut list and design for some eBay shopping. 

• Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    It is a pretty cool idea although as others have said, it is extremely pricey in my book.

BUT, the biggest problem I have with the video is that the EGG was assembled backwards.  Who puts the bottom vent on the backside of the egg opposite the handle side.  For sure I want to walk around to the back of the egg every time I need to make a minor adjustment.

If the egg was assembled by the table company, I would question their processes.

But that is just me and my attention to detail.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.