Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy 149th Birthday Canada!

Options
Skiddymarker
Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
To all Canadian Eggers and members on the forum, Happy Canada Day!
Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Thanks brother. Unfortunately, I will not have access to the Egg later today, nor this weekend. Accordingly, I may try to cook something up for breakfast this morning.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Had to give Google a look as I recall in my youth that July 1st was Dominion Day.  I am now current. Happy Canada Day to all those who reside in the GWN.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,658
    Options
    Happy Canada Day to all of our brethren up north.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Doing anything special today @Skiddymarker ?

Options
    Happy Canada Day to fellow Canucks!  
    canuckland
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Have a great day guys. Best wishes and good egging to all. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Thanks!
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    paqman said:
    Doing anything special today @Skiddymarker ?
    Some ribs in the Trés Booblay doing their thing and then on the egg for some smoke. Corn and a salad as the sides. SWMBO was "berry" shopping yesterday, raspberry jam will be on the honey do list today I expect. Blueberries are awesome this year. @paqman - how's your day shaping up, taking in the national events in the capital?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    How about an eggfest in the capital region to celebrate the 150th in 2017!
    canuckland
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    How about an eggfest in the capital region to celebrate the 150th in 2017!
    That's a capital idea! Not sure if it is still true, but the all Canadian Napoleon might get the nod as more politically correct, although you can't get much more NAFTA friendly than a Canadian site using an American designed product made in Mexico can you?
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Had to give Google a look as I recall in my youth that July 1st was Dominion Day.  I am now current. Happy Canada Day to all those who reside in the GWN.  
    As I recall it was in the early '80's that we finally got our big boy pants. Like everything we do, we ease into it slowly.....hell it took us almost 100 years to settle on a flag! 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Happy Canada Day to my fellow countrymen! 

Phoenix 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Is this how you guys will be partying tonight?

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Is this how you guys will be partying tonight?

Actually, that was this morning's breakfast..... 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    @Skiddymarker We spent most of the day in the pool (heated @ 88F).  We took a short break this afternoon and got ourselves a soft ice cream cone dipped in real milk chocolate, caramel and pecans (pure awesomeness).  We had a beautiful day all morning and a good part of the afternoon but it is pouring rain right now and  the temperature went down from 26C (79F) to 18C (64F) in about 5 minutes.  There is fog coming out of the pool right now because of the temperature differential.

Enjoying a Ceasar right now debating if I restart the egg or not.  It is still warmish from this afternoon; I grilled leftover naan dough from last week.

Options
    paqman said:
    @Skiddymarker We spent most of the day in the pool (heated @ 88F).  We took a short break this afternoon and got ourselves a soft ice cream cone dipped in real milk chocolate, caramel and pecans (pure awesomeness).  We had a beautiful day all morning and a good part of the afternoon but it is pouring rain right now and  the temperature went down from 26C (79F) to 18C (64F) in about 5 minutes.  There is fog coming out of the pool right now because of the temperature differential.

Enjoying a Ceasar right now debating if I restart the egg or not.  It is still warmish from this afternoon; I grilled leftover naan dough from last week.

Due to very poor planning on my part I find myself with no Clamato. Canada Day without a Caesar isn't really Canada Day. Will have to relive the day tomorrow...with a Caesar. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    The Ceasar - great way to enjoy the Holiday!
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! Happy Canada day to my fellow Canucks 
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ