Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roasted tomatillo sauce - getting ready for the weekend

Options
This cook is preparatory for the weekend. I'm cooking Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta tomorrow night - then I'll have brisket tacos on Sunday (after awesome brisket Saturday). So I figured I needed some green sauce. Roasted tomatillos, jalapeño, poblano, and Anaheim peppers. Then into the blender with garlic, onion, cumin, S&P, oregano, lime juice, and cilantro. 

Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    That looks great.. I am loving that grill !!! Enjoy your weekend and Happy Independence day to you and your family. Sounds like you got some great eats planned.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @johnmichell It was a good excuse to play with fire. I'm getting more comfortable with cooking things caveman - right on the coals. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    Very cool grill!
  • BLDGMAN
    BLDGMAN Posts: 30
    Options
    Could you tell us more about your grilling setup?  Very cool!
  • SciAggie
    Options
    BLDGMAN said:
    Could you tell us more about your grilling setup?  Very cool!
    I will give full details when I get home friend. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Tomatillo sauce looks spot on....
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @BLDGMAN The grill setup is my prototype or experiment with argentine style grilling and Dutch oven cooking. 

The actual setup is a Camp Chef Dutch oven table https://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-Table-14-inches/dp/B000M9QJFY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467412213&sr=8-2&keywords=camp+chef+dutch+oven+table

and the grill is the Tuscan grill by Steven Raichlen https://www.amazon.com/Steven-Raichlen-Best-Barbecue-Tuscan/dp/B0007ZGUL6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467412325&sr=8-1&keywords=raichlen+grill

I was trying to emulate(as an experiment) this type of grill.

I pi have a spot designated in my outdoor kitchen for such a spot where I can cook over live coals with my camp ovens or the Tuscan grill - maybe a potjie pot...

I will generate live coals inside my wood fired oven once my kitchen is complete.  I hope this answered your question. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • BLDGMAN
    BLDGMAN Posts: 30
    Options
    Very Nice, thanks for the explanation. Any future cooks planned on it?
  • SciAggie
    Options
    I am in the process of building my outdoor kitchen, so by this fall I'll have a stone & firebrick version built. I'll probably grill corn on it tonight - making Mexican street corn.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon