Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg mania is alive and well in The Netherlands!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,893
Our 52 year old niece was here visiting from The Netherlands where she has lived and taught English at an "American High School" for over 20 years. Their students are from US citizens working there. Years ago a butcher shop located a block from her home became BGE dealer. She was telling us now the dealers over there have seemly just exploded and BGEs are not at all an uncommon sight. She said what we call landscaping/nurseries seem to "all" carry them!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    That's crazy!  Did she say what they were selling for?

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• RRP
    Options
    No, and I never asked. She left here yesterday for a week hiking and camping in CO for the next week. When she returns home I will ask her. BTW unbeknownst to my niece I ship gaskets to eggers there 5 or 6 times a year and in spite of the postage cost the buyers seem quite pleased with my price, so my gut tells me they are paying a real premium.
  • RRP
    Options
    a couple Christmas's back my niece gave me these corn cob holders that she bought over there at her neighborhood butcher shop

as well as these playing cards

What made me laugh was these trademarked BGE products were designed and approved in the USA, manufactured in China, shipped to The Netherlands and then returned as gifts to me here in the USA!
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    One dealer in the Netherlands sells the Large for €1385=$1540. They sell the MiniMax for €909=$1010.

Those prices already include the 21%VAT.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:
    as well as these playing cards

Ron, I like those cards. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Check this out   
    http://magicalfamilyadventures.com/eggscape-netherlands-2016/

one of the tour highlights:
    • Be invited into the kitchen of a three Michelin stars restaurant that houses 20 Big Green Eggs for you to cook your own dinner on.
    canuckland
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    Options
    I have been there and have family so I visit often. They  are comparable to Canadian pricing except in euro! So an XL here runs for $1800 Canadian that would be their price €1800 roughly. This is what I have found personally haven't been back for a few years so things might have changed.
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    if you aint Dutch you aint Much!
  • RRP
    Options
    I saw what you are doing! Trying to rope @SGH into this conversation, aren't you? 
  • westernbbq
    Options
    Ha!  Well my dad's family is from town on the Dutch side of the German border.. it explains our love of beer, pork, bleachy clean goodness and dry humor....oh and flowers.  The old man (RIP) grew a ton of them in WI and they were incredible.
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    i lived quite a while in the netherlands on the german border (hoensbroek) and would move back in  a heart beat!
  • bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    I have been scavenging youtube for egghead videos and more and more i come across some very unique and intriguing cooks from overseas! Favorite so far is this 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_eLHfdRB10
    Austin, Tx
  • westernbbq
    Options
    tonyled said:
    i lived quite a while in the netherlands on the german border (hoensbroek) and would move back in  a heart beat!
    Did you ever go to Dinjksperlo?  Sp?  Maybe Dinxperlo is the way it's spelled
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    I caught "Rolls Royce of barbecue" - and the fish and ham both looked outstanding.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• westernbbq
    Options
    @bgeaddikt

that video is pretty cool.  thanks for posting
  • tonyled
    Options
    tonyled said:
    Did you ever go to Dinjksperlo?  Sp?  Maybe Dinxperlo is the way it's spelled
    just looked it up as im not familiar with it particularly.  i did travel near it to arnhem and njimegen as a i played in a semipro american football league there and our away games were all over the place
  • westernbbq
    Options
    Well that's where my dad's family is from and someday, ill go visit.
  • tonyled
    Options
    RRP said:
    Our 52 year old niece was here visiting from The Netherlands where she has lived and taught English at an "American High School" for over 20 years. Their students are from US citizens working there. Years ago a butcher shop located a block from her home became BGE dealer. She was telling us now the dealers over there have seemly just exploded and BGEs are not at all an uncommon sight. She said what we call landscaping/nurseries seem to "all" carry them!

is her school in brunssum?
  • Holland
    Holland Posts: 11
    Options
    Well that's where my dad's family is from and someday, ill go visit.
    I live close by Dinxperlo. There are better towns to visit.
  • westernbbq
    Options
    That explains a lot.  I will get out there someday and see it all....
  • RRP
    Options
    tonyled said:

No - American School of The Hague. 
  • tonyled
    Options
    RRP said:
    tonyled said:

ah worth a shot, there is an international school with a lot of US kids in brunsumm and ironically my neighbor here in tx taught there and lived in the NL during the same time i did yet we didnt know each other
  • RRP
    Options
    tonyled said:
    RRP said:
    tonyled said:

Their enrollment stats:
    Our student body is approximately 27% US and 12% Dutch, with the remaining 61% coming from over 75 other nationalities, mirroring the diversity of cultures that make The Hague such a rich environment. Our students come mainly from the international business and diplomatic community, but our many Dutch families add a host country flavor to our multicultural mix.

Just my observation but annual tuition for high school students is the equivalent to $23,400!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:
    I saw what you are doing! Trying to rope @SGH into this conversation, aren't you? 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• westernbbq
    Options