Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A different take on Watermelon

Options
Lots of good watermelon hitting the markets. This is one of our favorite things to do with it that is a bit different than the norm. Cubed watermelon, kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, crumbled Feta cheese, drizzled with good olive oil. We stole this dish from our favorite Greek restaurant in San Francisco, "Kokkari". We use it as a salad or as a healthy desert. You can also add a nice drizzle of a good balsamic vinegar. Very nice flavor combination, light refreshing. The better the melon the better the dish. Enjoy

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That my friend I've had and is a delicious flavor combination!  Appreciate the reminder!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    On my to do list! 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Lots of good watermelon hitting the markets. This is one of our favorite things to do with it that is a bit different than the norm. Cubed watermelon, kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, crumbled Feta cheese, drizzled with good olive oil. We stole this dish from our favorite Greek restaurant in San Francisco, "Kokkari". We use it as a salad or as a healthy desert. You can also add a nice drizzle of a good balsamic vinegar. Very nice flavor combination, light refreshing. The better the melon the better the dish. Enjoy
    This will be done.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    +1  Looks refreshing !  Bookmarked this one.

Thnks for posting.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    We make that a lot in the summer. It's really good if you add some sliced cherries and mint. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    We like to mix in dried cranberry as well.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL