Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is EggNation making for Indepedence Day? July 4 is a GREAT time to celebrate.

It's one week away and i want to be thinking about the eggy goodness and happiness that will be coming off the Big Green Egg all week so i have something cool to look forward to.

We are having a pool party, lots of kids, a few adults and lots of adult beverages.  I am considering pizza as the forecast high for phoenix next week is 97 and while we will have some humidity, it'll  be in the low 80s at nite and our party will get underway as its getting dark outside.    I am in an old citrus grove so nighttime temps in summer tend to be 10 or so degrees lower than everywhere else due to the heat being carried off by irrigation water evaporation.

So 4th of July pizza party seems like a fit for us next week.   I am comfortable planning and executing it, making the dough from scratch and of course cooking it for everyone and getting that WOW factor.   

Anyone have plans to egg on our nation's birthday?

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Definitely will be smoking something....not sure what just yet. Will be out of town and will be the road team.....but not to worry, will get it done.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • jstewart12a
    jstewart12a Posts: 144
    Got two Boston butts that I plan on smoking as well as making some Brunswick stew to go along with them. 
    1 LBGE. Winder, GA
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Briskets, butts, wings, and anything else I can stuff into a couple of XLs !!

Oh yeah...and The Carrollton's Hottest Dog Contest 2016 entry !!!!

jstewart12a ...love Brunswick Stew....but I still have some frozen from my last batch...but I always might thaw some out to satisfy me between cooks !!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,332
    Butts, because pork fat rules!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,750
    I'm making hangovers
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Due to the extreme heat and humidity we always keep it simple. Usually ribeyes, shrimp and oysters. A quick and easy cook, but still great. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited June 2016
    I sent this text to my daughter that's working in Austin:
    Weekend Menu:

Friday night:
    Brisket (prime Angus)
    Pinto beans
    Choice of slaw, tater salad, or grilled corn (choose one)

Saturday:
    Choice of brisket tacos or brisket enchiladas (we could do both)
    Spanish rice
    Mexican street corn
    Pico de gallo, green tomatillo sauce, chips

Sunday:
    Salsa verde chicken pasta

Monday:
    Undecided....

Whatever you want for dessert - bread pudding, fruit crisp, peach cobbler. Let me know. 

Except for brisket Friday night I am open to suggestions. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Not sure yet what our plans are for the weekend. The one thing I do know is that my SRF brisket will be showing up on Thursday! (Thanks to @westernbbq and @SRFShane) If I don't cook it for the 4th, I do have a couple of bone-in ribeyes coming on the order as well. Can't wait to try em!
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    @minniemoh. That sounds awesome. Post picts of that brisket!
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Brisket and Butts!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Beef short ribs, wings, brats and probably more.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Carlyn2828
    Carlyn2828 Posts: 42
    Right now, Butt & Ribs.  I'm thinking of throwing some shrimp and asparagus on.  Only for a select few.  Having a party that day and expect hundreds to be heading through the beaches on 1st street.  Anyone from Jacksonville Beach knows what happens!
    Jacksonville, Florida - Large BGE & Large Yellow Lab...Just the three of us!
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Cant decide between burgers and hotdogs or ribs.  
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Probably just hit Subway up for their PP sammie!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Probably just hit Subway up for their PP sammie!  
    Oh... good call.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Whatever my bro-in-law has planned for his Webber Kettle. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• After I crash @westernbbq's pizza pool party I think I'm going to buy some plane tickets to hit @SciAggie's place. Should be a great weekend. And I'm looking forward to it :)
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Brisket.  I have one that I wanted to cook last weekend but didn't have time.  This weekend looks like perfect weather.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Whole hog for sure. Probably a bunch of pizza and apps as well. Maybe some steak, ribs, really not sure what all. I'm camping out at my buddy's place all weekend, who knows what all we'll end up cooking. The main event is Sunday.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    DMW said:
    Whole hog for sure. Probably a bunch of pizza and apps as well. Maybe some steak, ribs, really not sure what all. I'm camping out at my buddy's place all weekend, who knows what all we'll end up cooking. The main event is Sunday.
    Please post that whole hog my brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Brisket and wings?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Some kind of burgers or Mexican /tacos. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • westernbbq
    After I crash @westernbbq's pizza pool party I think I'm going to buy some plane tickets to hit @SciAggie's place. Should be a great weekend. And I'm looking forward to it :)
    Yeah Buddy!
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited June 2016
    Ribs and corn on the grill (I'll be at work :(. )
  • @westernbbq what a great AZ night to start the holiday weekend!!Going to kick it off with beers and wings. 3 different versions of wings. 2 started with this batch. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Green Chile Cheeseburgers, using "umami" patties (haven't tried this before).  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    My buddy is doing a whole hog, I'm riding shotgun for it.
  • @BYS1981 we need some pics of that please! 
  • westernbbq
    @CheeseheadinAZ: i cant believe how cool it was this AM.  At 10 am it was 81 outside per my cars display.   Sunroof open, windows down and dreaming about what i would be making for July 4.   pizza party is off as the boss wants me to make that for her sisters 40th birthday next week...which is fine

A few tecate lights in the pool and burgers and chix breasts on grill tomorrow for my sons 12th birthday party and we will be good

Sunday it is to sister in laws for a pool party and her hubby got a bge about 8 mos ago.  He is pretty good at it

Liking that smoke controller up top on your bge.  I got so many extra cast iron daisy wheels it is crazy!
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited July 2016