Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gotta love this Subway commercial.

Options
You'd almost think they were making fun of eggheads! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4G2JY1UCpA

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    That's it. I'm selling all my cookers and eating at Subway from now on...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • AD18
    AD18 Posts: 209
    Options
    I had to laugh at it as well, bit of a joke.  Oh well, more of the good stuff left for the cook:)
    Large BGE, Weber 22.5 kettle, Weber Genesis
    Cobourg, Ontario
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I feel sorry for those aren't patient enough to wait on pulled pork. 5 hours is nothing. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    Hahahahaha!!!  Friends, don't let friends eat Subway barbecue.  
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I'll take the money muscle..........please!
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    I laughed when the guy said 5 hours. Yes it can be done turbo in 5 hours, yes they could be half way through a cook already. Most do it low and slow, so I fell they should have used a realistic number. Funny nonetheless. 
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Now I've got a craving for some microwaved pulled pork. 
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    Would you rather wait 5 hours for pulled pork, or would you rather eat pulled pork made 5 days ago and reheated 5 hours ago in some sickening overly sweet sauce supplied by the lowest bidder?

I mean, if you got a smoker, you're not eating Subway pulled pork. Ever.

The look on that guys face when he was told "5 hours" is priceless, gotta give them that.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    @DieselkW forgot to mention 5hrs on the toilet. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    My dad insisted on having one of those for lunch last week. Ugh! It was disgusting looking. He ate it though. 
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    @DieselkW forgot to mention 5hrs on the toilet. 

I would edit my comment if I could. It's too easy to write: "LOL", but I actually did laugh out loud... thanks and have a "like".

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• clemsontyger97
    Options
    DieselkW said:
    Would you rather wait 5 hours for pulled pork, or would you rather eat pulled pork made 5 days ago and reheated 5 hours ago in some sickening overly sweet sauce supplied by the lowest bidder?

I mean, if you got a smoker, you're not eating Subway pulled pork. Ever.

The look on that guys face when he was told "5 hours" is priceless, gotta give them that.
    Kinda reminds me of conversation with my dad a while back when he was asking if I'd tried pulled pork sandwich from Wendy's.    Dad...I own a smoker and  I live in the Memphis area.    There's zero chance I'm ever eating pulled pork sandwiches at Wendy's (or Subway).  
    --Because I'm like ice, buddy. When I don't like you, you've got problems.

KJ Classic
    28" Blackstone
    South Carolina native, adopted Texan, residing in Olive Branch, MS.  Go Tigers.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    That's a Akron must've been a low budget shoot :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Rush rush rush.....people should just sit back and relax....maybe have a refreshing beverage or two. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow