Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermapen Stuffed Flank Steak

Options
Ladeback69
Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
I found this on Thermapen's website in an email I got from today and thought I would try it.  It was pretty good and will do it again.  I substituted portabella mushrooms for the habanero peppers, because the family doesn't like that much heat.  Thanks for looking.
http://grilling24x7.com/stuffed-flank-steak/

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Looks great! On my to do list 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I know I won't be the only guy thinking you lost your Thermapen and found it during slicing....
    And those are pretty high-tech ties!  Looks delicious!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    I'll bite, no pun intended.  I think I figured it out, but can you provide some detail on the pink 'wrap' thingy?  Do they work well?  Seems better than 750 toothpicks!!!
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Wardster said:
    I'll bite, no pun intended.  I think I figured it out, but can you provide some detail on the pink 'wrap' thingy?  Do they work well?  Seems better than 750 toothpicks!!!
    Just get a ball of butcher's twine at your local store. 
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options

Twine is fine, but failed me once cooking Mr Toad's stuffed pork loin.  Guess a hot spot burned through and the stuffing when everywhere!  Not easy putting that one back together.

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Wardster said:
    They are neoprene reusable wrap's got from dealer.  They are dishwasher safe and easier the using twine to me.  They are called Food Loops.  Here they are.

http://www.kcbbqsource.com/the-food-loop-4-ct-box/
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.