Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Fajitas with Roasted Peppers and Onions

xiphoid007
xiphoid007 Posts: 536
I've been wanting to try beef fajitas for a while. The wife picked up a couple pounds of skirt steak from the local butcher. I marinated the steak with Alton Brown's recipe from food network. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/skirt-steak-recipe.html

I roasted the peppers and onions first direct at grill level, dome probably around 550. I kept them moving so I'm not so sure. After peppers black Iskinned them and sliced them with the onions in a pan with butter and olive oil. Put the foil pan back on until done the rest of the way.

Skirt steak on next, 60 sec a side at probably 600 or so. Great color! Rested in foil just until the rest of dinner ready. I had picked up some guacamole and pico de gallo from a local Mexican restaurant. All in all, unbelievable! Definitely going in the rotation!!

Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE

Comments