Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Father wanted brisket for fathers day

Options
bhedges1987
bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
edited June 2016 in EggHead Forum
yes yes another brisket post and from me... Too good though! I overcooked it just a little bit. 

Today went with sandwiches, cheesy corn and cheesy potato bake. No pictures of that though. 

I I think I got the hang of this brisket thing. Took about 4 years and a lot of briskets to finally learn the proper "feel" of when it's cooked about right.  For my egg and my tastes it's 250 dome fat up. Peppery rub and drizzled with a little sweet sauce. 

Kansas City, Missouri
Large Egg
Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Im cookin one either tomorrow or sunday. Yours looks great!!!

Little Rock, AR

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Great looking cook and result.  I'm guessing this is a practice for Sunday.... ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TCT
    TCT Posts: 168
    Options
    Looks awesome!! Be happy your dad is around to enjoy it!!

Craig

Cockeysville, MD

LBGE and a large list of stuff I want

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Damn
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    The finger bend test - love it!!!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    My mouth is watering!!!
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That looks like a fine brisket. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Thanks all -

I was a bit worried and always am..... Temp goes from 68 - 160 in two hours..... Always makes me worried it's going to finish 10 hours early.  However, it took 16 more hours to go from 160-200.  Actually finished a little late.  All in all it was great.  

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    TCT said:
    Be happy your dad is around to enjoy it!!
    I hear you brother. I sure wish that mine was still around. I would cook him a whole steer if that's what he wanted.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dozer
    Dozer Posts: 7
    Options
    Nice work! I'm killing myself on trying to decide if I want to do a Prime Rib or a Brisket.... Choices... But your brisket looks amazing man. Happy Father's Day!
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Yummy.   Great looking brisket.   I am putting one on tonight.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    SGH said:
    TCT said:
    I hear you brother. I sure wish that mine was still around. I would cook him a whole steer if that's what he wanted.  
    Amen to that. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    SGH said:
    TCT said:
    if my old man was alive today id thank him for all the times he said no to me AND i would make him anything he wanted on the bge.  Hell i would buy him a minimax, and he would love it!