Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribeye recommendations (search isn't working meh:)

Options
ssia 

im thinking marinaded and roasted indirect around bad 300-350 to mid rare. 
Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Cap of Ribeye?  Or like a thick Delmonico Ribeye?  What us ssia?  Or was that supposed to be asia?  What flavor profile are you wanting?  What is the actual dish. Size of actual protein?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    I prefer 2 inch thick cut.  Dry brine with 1/8 tsp fine grind salt on each side for 2-4 hours.  RT 1 hr.  Wipe off excess moisture.  Feltine grill at 275 till ITreads 105.  Remove meat from egg, tent.  Open egg to get rip roaring hot coals.  Place meat as close to coals as possible and cook to desired temp. (We like 124-130). Note: 
    Buy a ribeye that has the most spinalas muscle.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Cap of Ribeye?  Or like a thick Delmonico Ribeye?  What us ssia?  Or was that supposed to be asia?  What flavor profile are you wanting?  What is the actual dish. Size of actual protein?
    Haven't bought it yet. :)

ssia - subject says it all. I'll take any recommendations you've got,for how you like it. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Subject say's it all -ssia
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I have done this one before and it is really good:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1158232/new-ribeye-cook-from-adam-perry-lang-book

Like every APL recipe I did about 2/3 of the steps.  If you are a purist, then this might be a little "doctored up" for you.  However, I figured you would get 20-30 posts that say reverse sear with salt and pepper only so I thought I would mix it up ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• ThrillSeeker
    ThrillSeeker Posts: 306
    Options
    Reverse sear with salt and pepper only. :-)

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Caveman-right on the hot coals-Kosher Salt 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Don't buy ribeye. Too fatty.

Get a NY Strip instead. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut