Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shooting in Orlando

Options
Ladeback69
Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
Has anyone else seen this.  This is majorly disturbing and a tragedy .  They say there is actually 50 killed and 53 wounded including the shooter.  I feel in cases like this the person who did this should not have their day in court and go directing to jail then executed the same way they did their crime. :angry: :

https://www.yahoo.com/news/orlando-police-multiple-injuries-nightclub-shooting-082553236.html
XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    Options
    Another senseless tragedy.  Worse mass shooting ever in this Country.  Heartbreaking.  I am teary eyed watching the news...
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Awful.  Just awful.  So much hatred everywhere.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    If your religion requires you to hate someone, you are the problem. I'm not a bible-thumper, but there is something to be said about love one another. 

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Unbelievable, he won't need his day in court, he already got that.  The bible says homosexuality is a sin, but so is hatred.  We've got to figure out how to stop this, but not by more gun legislation.  Wait till tomorrow when the politicians come back to work, the bull$hit will begin.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Oh the gun control zealots are already out there. Will Obama come out crying again????

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited June 2016
    Options

Fortunately, the pot never calls the kettle "zealot".
    :|
    ;)
    B)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Jameson19
    Jameson19 Posts: 354
    Options
    Did you guys hear that California has furthered the anti 2nd Amendment issue with not allowing concealed weapon permits unless you have some qualifying reason, like carrying large sums of cash or victim of stalking for example? Just being a citizen that can pass every background check out there doesn't qualify you any longer.

I I don't go check my mail across the street without a gun in my waistband, and I live in a very nice neighborhood....

Some local libtard in Vegas applauds it because they believe keeping guns out of public will make us safer. Complete idiot. These libtards are creating killing zones and disarming law abiding citizens. Gun laws only punish law abiding citizens. Gun crime sentencing for criminals is where they should focus their efforts. 
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    sad tragedy, horrible commentary on our society
  • rmr62
    rmr62 Posts: 233
    Options
    I remember a bumper sticker from many years ago that I saw, it read:  If Guns are Outlawed, then only Outlaws will have Guns!!
    To me that about sums it all up.  Criminals are going to be criminals, so even more laws are not going to change that.  We already have plenty of "laws" on the books
    Lagrange, GA   LBGE
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    Options
    Wow! What a terrible thing that happened in Orlando! So sad!
    After reading some of these comments tho...I have to say, I am sure glad I live where I do. I couldn't imagine having to carry a gun to pick up my mail!

St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Tell me... How is ONE person with a weapon killing over 50 people and wounding another 53???? He hit a major artery every shot and had to reload 3 times and no one did anything? If one person there had a gun to defend themselves the victims # is cut in half. 

And Obama with zero mention of radical islam... However he did talk about gun control...

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I work in a gun-free zone and churches are gun-free zones.  So other than when I'm at work or church I'm carrying.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Nothing changed after Sandy Hook, nothing will change after this. 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Even sadder many (most) of the victims remain inside the Nightclub. Families searching for their loved one's from hospital to hospital with no elude because identities still haven't been obtained &/or released. Very Sad. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jameson19
    Jameson19 Posts: 354
    Options
    keener75 said:
    Wow! What a terrible thing that happened in Orlando! So sad!
    After reading some of these comments tho...I have to say, I am sure glad I live where I do. I couldn't imagine having to carry a gun to pick up my mail!

Yes, you should. I can't wait to retire and get out of Vegas.... It's becoming the next Chicago with unprecedented rise in violent crime and murders. 
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    So sad for our country and the victims. Good guys with guns kill bad guys with guns... Bottom line. The war is here. Lock and load, watch your 6
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Isis is laughing at us.  They attack, and our response is to limit our ability to protect ourselves.   It's a shame our leaders are not as smart as isis.

Phoenix 
  • nhk19
    nhk19 Posts: 151
    Options
    I work in a gun-free zone and churches are gun-free zones.  So other than when I'm at work or church I'm carrying.
    Me too!  My wife as well.  Everyone who has training should IMO! 
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    nhk19 said:
    Me too!  My wife as well.  Everyone who has training should IMO! 
    Training should be voluntary starting in elementary school. Most workplaces are gun free which makes a lot us vulnerable to attacks like this. There will be more attacks like this in the future. 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • roro_c
    roro_c Posts: 11
    Options
    We need at least a COMMON SENSE gun law that states that known ISIS terrorists are not allowed guns.  This guy was on the terrorist watch list for being an ISIS sympathizer.  Obama proposed a law to block people on the terrorist watch list from getting guns after the San Bernardino shooting and all the IRA gun nuts jumped all over it, so nothing got passed. I am all for 2nd amendment rights, and all law abiding citizens should be able to have a gun, but not allowing ISIS terrorists to legally buy guns is just COMMON SENSE! We need to draw the line SOMEWHERE!
    I am beautiful, smart, AND I smell like bacon.
  • Turk2011
    Turk2011 Posts: 65
    Options
    ONE person kills or critically injures 100+ people. From what I've read that's roughly 1/3 of the people in the place. I'm no expert but the odds of that seem pretty small.  Maybe it's just me 
    Swampeast , MO  XL 2013  MM 2015
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Turk2011 said:
    ONE person kills or critically injures 100+ people. From what I've read that's roughly 1/3 of the people in the place. I'm no expert but the odds of that seem pretty small.  Maybe it's just me 
    If you know anything about guns it's not hard to believe. Consider this , crowded club, loud music , dark, lots of people drinking with diminished motor skills, limited exits. Now the assulter, semiautomatic rifle, high capacity magazines, proficient in use and reloading. It was a perfect kill zone. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Turk2011
    Turk2011 Posts: 65
    Options
    @Dobie   My ccw card isn't the only thing that I carry every time I leave the house . I also own more hi cap mags then I prefer to speak about . I also agree with you that it was s perfect kill zone. I was only pointing out that the odds of a third of the people being hit by a single person would be rare. 
    Needless to say it was a horrible night in America  and another example of just how bad we have let it get.    My thoughts and prayers are with the families.  
    Now bring on the election 
    Swampeast , MO  XL 2013  MM 2015
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    What is the world coming to when you can't even bring a gun to church?

regardless, i'm proud to call myaelf a member of the egghead forum: the one place one the planet that seems to have this all figured out. 
    If it were legal and permitted, I would.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Turk2011 I'm glad you carry, we need more people armed and ready to defend. I was just saying given the environment he chose and the weapon I don't find it hard to do what he did. Rifle is much more deadly and controllable than a handgun and given the situation I doubt he missed flesh much. Terrible hate crime, you have to keep your head on a swivel these days and know that evil is all around. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    I'm willing to bet those who died wish there were someone with a gun in the crowd besides the isis animal.
    Phoenix