Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Big hit with some Dizzy Pig salmon

Mark BackerMark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited 12:48PM in EggHead Forum
My wife and sis in law across the street want to like fish, but don't like most fish because it's too "fishy." I have been dying to try the dizzy pig maple syrup salmon recipe (wiht raging river) so today I did. I had been at kroger buying king crab legs and got a nice .8 pound piece of salmon that smelled fresh. [p]I skinned it, and followed Chris' recipe (roughly). I did it in the small, so I couldn't really get the fish 12-18 inches above the fire (but will be able to as soon as I order my small kit from you know who), but I just did it at 275ish for 20 minutes, flipped, 10 minutes, then drizzled syrup/butter mix, flipped after a couple of minutes, drizzled again, wait a couple of minutes and done.[p]Result? The wife said "it's pretty good...for salmon." The daughter said "MMMMMMMMM!!!!" And ate 3/4 of it. The sis-in-law LOVED it and wants to make it tomorrow with my help. [p]Thanks dizzy, thanks big green egg and thanks to this forum!![p]Todd[p]p.s. Decided to do the chicken stuff indirect at 275, and after about 3 hours, we're gonna drizzle it with olive oil and use the spiceart dot com's mushroom madness. Should be a great meal...

Comments

• Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    Mark Backer,
    What time is dinner dude?!!![p]lol.