Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Resume Writer Recommendations

Options
johnkitchens
johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
I didn't expect to need this service, but after today it is time. I haven't updated my resume since 1998. I need professional help with this. 

Can any of you make a recommendation?

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Pm sent. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Sh!t John, sorry man. :|
    Jacksonville FL
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

No recommendation, just wanted to say good luck John.

Phoenix 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Thanks guys. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Thanks guys. 

John, im not much of a resume writer. However I am a tremendous song writer. I wrote the original RTIC jingle for RTIC coolers. I also wrote and performed Yeti Land which was a smash hit. With that said, I have just finished my latest Yeti song. Its titled "A fool and his money are easily parted". With your permission, I would like to share it here. If I cant post it here, I will hijack one of Ron's threads when time allows.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    this company has done mine, my wifes, and several people i know.  nothing but glowing reviews

http://omgresumes.com/
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Share away @SGH. Thanks @tonyled.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    All the best where ever this takes you. Things have a way of working out for the best.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    All the best where ever this takes you. Things have a way of working out for the best.
    Thanks!

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My personal opinion, don't waste the money. Google resume tips and sites like LinkedIn have so great articles. Resume writing is all about using power words. Just my two cents.... Also, hate to hear you're in this position 

Here's a great site for referencing while on the job search. I found it very helpful after graduating from college. 

https://www.onetonline.org/
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My Bride has done ALL of my Resumes. I've been snagged up within hours most times. Won't post my credentials but, after I looked at them I thought....Dayumn! I'd hire this effer!
    I get daily offers. I need to take it down off of Indeeed etc. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I didn't expect to need this service, but after today it is time. I haven't updated my resume since 1998. I need professional help with this. 

Can any of you make a recommendation?
    Sorry, my resume writer is retiring and not taking on any new clients.
    I would recommend searching for a local writer, one you can meet and sit down with so she/he can interview you in person and get the information they need as well as a feel for how you interview.  If you are a highly experienced individual  mid-way to late in your career, you can benefit from a good professional resume and interview coaching, especially if you aren't good at "flying by the seat of your pants" when interviewing with strangers.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Dang, that sucks. Ill be jobless in 4 months but its self inflicted. Good luck!

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Thanks guys!

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    John - sorry to hear. In the 70's 80's and early '90s I survived 3 bank acquisitions and that third one left me as the top dog in charge of 16 branch offices with 250 employees. Well with acquisition number 4 I wasn't so lucky as that was a real UNFRIENDLY take over and I found my ass on the street. It took me nearly 9 months to find a new job as I wanted to stay local. As it turned out I took a massive 75% cut in pay, but within 3 years I had proven myself and was way ahead via promotions. Don't dispair and keep the faith.  
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • johnkitchens
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thank you so much guys. I still have my job, but after last week I am seriously considering making a change. Like Ron I also want to stay local. The problem with that is there isn't anything local! 

I have a lot of decisions to make, and I am trying to make the right one. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Like Ron I also want to stay local. The problem with that is there isn't anything local! 

If you had Rons money, you could do anything you wanted ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnkitchens
    Options
    SGH said:
    Like Ron I also want to stay local. The problem with that is there isn't anything local! 

If you had Rons money, you could do anything you wanted ;)
    That is a B-I-G if! 

• tonyled
    Options
    i am pretty good at them myself if you want a zero cost option!

best of luck!
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Thanks Tony!

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Update John?  Hope you came out on top buddy. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Thanks Blake. I hope you are feeling better. I had a "come to Jesus" meeting with the owner, and the next day his attitude was a lot better. 

I don't know what this means long range, but for now I am hanging on and hoping for the best. 

I have been here 20 years, and I don't want to make a change, but at the same time my tolerance for unnecessary bullsh*t is pretty low.  

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Well it looks positive, but I understand the BS meter eventually says enough. 20 years as a solid performer in a company should at least get you an audience and your concerns listened to. You seem like a pretty respective person, and I am sure if that is the angle you take, while still providing positive/negative feedback you might find they listen more than they did. They don't always take action, and eventually they are the ones who sign the check, but if they respect you for your observations it should beats long distance commuting
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Well it looks positive, but I understand the BS meter eventually says enough. 20 years as a solid performer in a company should at least get you an audience and your concerns listened to. You seem like a pretty respective person, and I am sure if that is the angle you take, while still providing positive/negative feedback you might find they listen more than they did. They don't always take action, and eventually they are the ones who sign the check, but if they respect you for your observations it should beats long distance commuting
    Thanks. Long distance commuting is the main reason I want to stay here. I live less than 10 miles from work. I live in one small town, and my office is in the next town over. I can literally get home for lunch in 10 minutes. This place has been really good to me financially over the years, but I kind of feel like now I have golden handcuffs on. 

With a mortgage and two kids in private school and one going to college next year I still have a lot of bills to pay. I am not at the "I am mad so you can kiss my ass" level YET! 

I am hopeful everything will work out. Sometimes I have to show my teeth and remind them that they need me about as bad as I need them. 

• tonyled
    edited June 2016
    Options
    dont abandon the resume' though.  you should always have one ready and never treat a job as it will be your last.  plan for the worst and hope for the best!

best of luck!
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Thanks @tonyled I agree! 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
     my tolerance for unnecessary bullsh*t is pretty low.  

I love it. Gettem John.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • johnkitchens
    Options
     my tolerance for unnecessary bullsh*t is pretty low.  

I love it. Gettem John.
    The older I get the less I seem to be able to take.